Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
770545 Job Summary
Senior Human Resources Generalist
Employer Job Id:
August 20, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
October 20, 2012
Senior Human Resources Generalist
About the Job
- [Company] brings advanced equipment, systems and direct services to the global mining industry. With its focus solely on mining, [Company] , manufactures, distributes and services extensive product lines of highly reliable [Company] surface mining equipment and [Company] underground mining machinery used to cut, crush, load and convey coal and industrial minerals worldwide. Customers receive a superior experience through direct relationships with [Company] support people, and through its services located close to the mines.
- [Company] is continuously working to make mining operations safer and more productive. With [Company] innovative equipment and life-cycle services, mine operators are able to consistently achieve the lowest cost per unit of production
- over the life of the equipment.
- [Company] offers excellent benefits, a continual focus on training and development and a financially sound company in a growing industry. We are currently looking to add a Senior Human Resources Generalist to our Longview, TX location.
- Provide HR services to employees; first point of contact for all employee relations issues within assigned functional areas (salaried and hourly).
- Collaborate with recruiting, compensation, and benefits for the assigned functional area.
- Strategic partnering with department managers to assess needs and capabilities of the organization.
- Lead and participate in training and organizational development.
- Develop talent and succession plans while partnering with department managers.
- Form strong partnerships across internal and external clients groups in order to optimize effectiveness.
- Maintain OFCC compliance and union free operations.
- Coordinates hiring activities including employment requisition authorizations, advertising and maintains relationships with select agencies.
- Secures top talent by partnering with departments to recruit, interview and fill open positions in a timely basis
- Makes job offers within established guidelines to hourly-paid candidates; coordinates offers for salaried candidates with the HR Manager, including preparing offer letters.
- Creates infrastructure by constantly examining and improving HR processes. Efficiently performs day-to-day administrative duties, such as processing new hires and terminations, entering employee information into the appropriate systems, and updating job descriptions.
- Orients new employees to company and plant policies, procedures and benefit programs.
- Maintains personnel files, conducts communication sessions on benefits, and coordinates annual and new hire benefit enrollment.
- Manages all aspects of benefits including enrollments, updates, vacation, sick time, education reimbursement, and adjustments to insurance related matters.
- Manages 401(k) issues and works with parent company by providing information regarding changes, enrollments, withdrawals, etc.
- Champions employees by enhancing communications, trust and teamwork with for increased employee commitment and competence. Listens, responds and finds ways to provide employees resources that meet changing demands.
- Serves as an agent for appropriate organizational transformation of change and increasing capacity for change by helping to identify and implement processes for change. Actions include identifying and framing problems, building relationships of trust, solving problems and creating and fulfilling action plans.
- Handles employee relations issues as necessary.
- Researches laws and regulations when necessary.
- Manages unemployment claims.
- Encourages a safe work environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, HR or related field and 3-5 years of experience as an Human Resources Generalist in an Industrial and/or Manufacturing environment.
- Strong presence and success as an approachable and influential advisor at all levels of the organization.
- Effective organization and communications skills with ability to maintain high ethical standards and confidentially.
- Proven self-starter with experience managing projects from inception to completion.
- Effective computer skills (Microsoft Office).
- Strong business acumen with a focus/involvement in innovation and continuous improvement (Lean, Six Sigma, Change Management, Problem Solving, etc.) activities.
- Must be able to work efficiently and effectively while solely handling a load of 300-500 employees.
- PHR Certification is a plus.
- Bi-lingual Spanish speaking is plus.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
< 1 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List