Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
770648 Job Summary
Sales Manager - NTRM
Employer Job Id:
June 19, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 18, 2012
Sales Manager - NTRM
- Under the direction of the General Manager of designated business unit the, the Sales Manager will be responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities for designated business unit.
- Manages, develops and executes strategic account business plan and sales tactics that are consistent with short term and long term goals, marketing strategy and Company objectives.
- Leads the creation of insight-driven innovative solutions to meet customer needs and drive innovative growth.
- Manages and develops a competent, confident and effective sales team by providing leadership and direction to support overall business plan and to maximize future growth potential and maintains sales relationships with key accounts.
- Coaches, assists and cultivates multi-level strong customer relationships and influences key decision makers towards driving mutually-beneficial business opportunities.
- Cultivates multi-level customer/contractor relationships to understand and anticipate short and long-term customer needs.
- Analyzes financial and logistical risks and implications during decision making with regards to strategic customer accounts.
- Partners with marketing to analyze target markets, segmentation strategy and margin enhancement opportunities and assist with the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
- Collaborates successfully with other business units sales teams to optimize the Company’s participation in the designated market place
- Provides relevant and accurate market information for consideration in all pricing and budgeting activities and maintains accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity reports submitted by sales representatives.
- Monitors market trends and make recommendations to the General Manager on necessary changes and actions required.
- Creates and conducts proposal presentations and RFP responses and assists sales representatives with the preparation of proposals and presentations.
- Provides timely feedback to senior management regarding performance.
- Responsible for the control of expenses to meet budget guidelines and assists with the development and of the annual sales plan and budgets.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Partners with the Credit Manager to ensure sales team fulfills account management requirements with respect to DSO receivables objectives.
- Manages communication, prioritization and information flow amongst cross-functional leadership teams while facilitating best practices applied to Company’s customer portfolio.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager by hiring coaching, developing staff and planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and controlling sales activities in coordination with the General Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required; minimum 5 years of experience in sales management. Construction industry preferred
- Extensive experience in all aspects of Supplier Relationship Management
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics within the designated business unit markets
- Experience with implementing or managing Customer Relationship Management tools/system preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have market, competitive and customer intelligence and the ability to apply this knowledge to capitalize on sales and relationship opportunities.
- Must have demonstrated marketing skills.
- Must be an enthusiastic, highly motivated self-starter.
- Ability to perform well under stress and meet deadlines.
- Good interpersonal, analytical and communication skills.
- Good understanding of ready mix operational and financial performance/
- Proven leadership and ability to drive sales teams/
- Knowledge and the ability to understand the strengths and weaknesses of competitive producers and how these attributes reinforce the competitive advantage associated with the Company.
- Make visits to concrete plants, construction sites and walk on uneven ground
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Pass physical examination and drug screens
- Travel as required by the position
- Most time is spent in an air conditioned office environment with occasional outside assignments that may require short periods of work in all weather conditions-heat, cold, wet or dry. May have exposure to dust, sand, gravel, diesel exhaust, etc.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List