Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
770664 Job Summary
Ready Mix Instructor
Employer Job Id:
June 19, 2012
Registrant - Log In to see Company Name
August 18, 2012
Ready Mix Instructor
- Under the immediate direction of the Plant Manager, the Ready Mix Instructor is responsible for the following:
- Training new employees how to maintain a clean, safe, and operative truck.
- All aspects of training the operational specifications of equipment assigned; including operating pressures, temperature gauges, etc.
- Training on all required safety equipment; including personal/vehicle safety equipment, glasses, hardhat, steel toed shoes/boots, triangles, fire extinguisher, etc.
- Training employees to inspect each load for general quality control issues.
- Training new employees to maintain a clean, safe, and operative truck.
- Operates Ready Mix trucks in a safe and efficient manner, adhering to Department of Transportation (DOT)/Tex Dot and TXI rules and regulations.
- Performs daily preventative maintenance inspections and maintains accurate records on vehicles.
- Assists with fleet maintenance on repairs as needed.
- Communicates and directs coworkers verbally either directly, through Nextel radios or hand signals.
- Provides appropriate documentation on delivery tickets.
- Ensures all delivery tickets are signed and returned to TXI/Ready Mix.
- Exercises good judgment and communication regarding work site access, unloading and operation to and from work site.
- Maintains good customer relations. Acts in a professional, courteous manner.
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Demonstrates good knowledge of lock out/tag out procedures.
- Demonstrates good working knowledge of TXI/Ready Mix Rules and Regulations and assures facility compliance with OSHA, DOT, Tex Dot, TNRCC, EPA and other regulatory agencies.
- Trains and follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Participates in all Company functions.
- Completes required training and certifications for the position.
- Assists with job site safety.
- Assists Plant Manager with various responsibilities.
- Learns and performs daily plant operations.
- Ability to inspect, file and process daily Mixer Operators paperwork.
- Facilitates, organizes and actively participates in in-house safety meetings.
- Exercises good judgment in identifying and evaluating all Ready Mix operators.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Education And Experience Requirements
- High School Degree or GED equivalent.
- One-year experience in the concrete industry, two years preferred.
- Possess a Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- Recommended by Operations Management.
- Excellent driving, safety and attendance record.
- Maintains an active DOT qualification.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Strong knowledge of concrete products
- Exemplifies Leadership qualities and the ability to perform well in a team environment
- Self-motivator with an open mind and positive attitude
- Good performance appraisals
- Must have the ability to lead by example.
- Ability to read, write and communicate clearly and effectively in English.
- Ability to climb stairs, climb ladders, reach, squat, tolerate prolonged standing/walking, balance, bend from trunk, crawl, kneel, push and pull objects.
- Demonstrate neck range of motion within normal limits (flexion and extension 60°, lateral flexion 40° and rotation 70°)
- Lifts objects of various dimensions and weights.
- Ability to operate hand controls with both hands.
- Ability to operate foot pedals with both feet.
- Ability to perform sustained overhead reaching.
- Ability to use vibration tools.
- Ability to tolerate working outdoors in all environmental temperatures and weather.
- Ability to work in areas with the potential for high noise levels.
- Ability to tolerate working at heights up to 9 feet.
- Time is spent in both air conditioned environment and non-air conditioned environments. Work is performed in all weather conditions-heat, cold, wet or dry. Incumbent will have exposure to dust, sand, gravel, diesel exhaust, etc.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List