Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
770667 Job Summary
Equip Operator II
Employer Job Id:
Tin Top. TX
June 19, 2012
TXI Riverside Cement Co.
August 18, 2012
Equip Operator II
- Safely operates off road haul unit to haul material from pit to plant and stockpile various materials within the plant operation. This position is responsible for preventive maintenance and minor repairs on assigned equipment.
- Operate haul unit to haul material from the pit to plant.
- Perform daily inspections and required preventive maintenance on assigned equipment.
- Maintain housekeeping standards.
- Assist maintenance personnel with repairs as needed.
Minimum Education And Experience
- Read, write, and speak English to communicate with fellow employees and complete daily reports.
- Prefer high school diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Willing and able to cross train to operate other mobile equipment (including but not limited to loader, dozer, motor grader, water truck).
- Bending, stooping, climbing and reaching around all areas of plant and mobile equipment.
- Ability to use hand tools such as wrenches, screwdrivers, hammers, etc.
- General maintenance abilities are required.
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision.
- Ability to remain seated in equipment up to 10 hrs. day while operating hand levers, foot pedals and steering wheel.
- Ability to read and interpret gauges.
- Must have good hand - eye coordination and vision to safely operate mobile equipment in heavy traffic conditions.
- Ability to work in a team environment with an appreciation for production goals affecting the success of the operation.
- Must be versatile and able to perform a variety of tasks.
- Must work outside in all weather conditions consistent with extreme ambient temperatures such as heat, cold, wetness, dryness, dust a minimum of 10 hrs. a day.
- Must work in conditions with noise levels reaching 80 db.
- Must be able to perform duties in a safe manner adhering to MSHA, TXI and plant safety rules and regulations. This job requires the ability to wear a hard hat, safety glasses, steel-toed boots, and hearing protection.
- Lift up to 75 lbs. as needed.
- Exposure to dust, sand, gravel, diesel exhaust, etc.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List