Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
770706 Job Summary
Technical Support Specialist
Employer Job Id:
June 19, 2012
Cummins Rocky Mountain LLC
August 18, 2012
Technical Support Specialist
- Provide pre sales Power Generation technical support; generator set sizing, and specification technical review for Cummins Rocky Mountain . The position is also responsible for project submittal assembly and review; post sale Power Generation technical support; operation and maintenance manual assembly.
- Know, follow, lead, and enforce all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, and fully participate in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Pre Sales Support of Engineering Community. Promote the CPG product.
- Design build guidance to Electrical and Mechanical Contractors.
- Read and interpret project technical specifications and drawings.
- Generator set sizing using CPG GenSize program. Manual calculations if needed.
- Create detailed Bill of Materials based on specification review.
- Create project submittal based on provided project specifications and one line diagrams.
- Ongoing review and application of National Codes as they apply to the Power generation products.
- ACAD drafting for design and submittal purposes.
- Create and publish detailed Operation and maintenance manuals for the projects.
- Assist in the development of application skills within the department.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and co-workers.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Stay apprised of new techniques relevant to the work being performed; achieve and maintain technical competency.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Two years minimum experience in a Power Generation application environment
- Diesel/Automotive technical training course or equivalent experience
- Basic power generation and electrical knowledge
- Basic AC and DC electrical knowledge
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Power
- Point and Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Strong understanding of ACAD
- Able to read and correctly interpret construction drawings
- Able to read and interpret the various codes as they apply to the Power Generation product.
- Ability to research and apply new products to the Power Generation product as dictated by National Codes
- Organizational and filing skills
- Language skills – most possess the ability to write reports and correspondence in a clear and concise manner. Must possess strong verbal communication skills.
- Reasoning ability – must possess the skills necessary to recognize and define problems, gather data as needed to work through the issues and come up with a satisfactory solution.
- Mathematical skills – must be able to perform basic math including geometry and basic algebra
- Patience in dealing with support needs at a variety of levels, and skill sets within the organization
- Must be customer-oriented and have experience working directly with customers internally and externally.
- Ability to work on several things at once; detail-oriented; organized and methodical. Judgment and good decision-making skills are required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to follow Company procedures and standard operating procedures.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and have a positive attitude and rapport with others.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within deadlines.
- Must be able to lead, manage, and work with others in a team environment.
- Must have a record of good attendance and performance at prior jobs.
Candidate must meet all eligibility requirements to drive a Company Service vehicle, including but not limited to:
- Must have a current, valid driver's license issued by the state in which they reside.
- Must have current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- No convictions for any driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs charges (DUI) within prior 5 years.
- No greater than three (3) moving violations within prior 12 month period.
- No greater than 2 avoidable accidents on MVR within prior 3 years.
- Candidate must be able to pass pre-employment drug testing and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- If selected, candidates must consider this position as primary employment and hold no other jobs with this Company’s competitors, customers, or suppliers.
- Employee lifts/carries 25 lbs. occasionally
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Protective Glasses, Protective Gloves, Protective Footwear as required.
- Cummins Rocky Mountain LLC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, disability or any other status protected by state or local law. It is Cummins Rocky Mountain's intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List