Our client is a copper / gold exploration company with various mining leases, predominately in the PNG Highlands. With the project about to ramp up, they are now seeking two Senior Exploration Geologists to join their team.
Reporting to the Chief Geologist, you will be responsible for:
• The supervision and mentoring of PNG National staff;
• Implementing and managing the drilling program;
• Assisting in the interpretation of data to generate drill targets;
• Collation of geological data;
• Maintenance of the geological database;
• Assisting the Chief Geologist with budget preparation and exploration strategies;
• Writing of reports;
• Assisting in the preparation of JORC statements.
The successful applicant will have:
• A Bachelor of Science majoring in Geology
• A minimum of five years experience in porphyry and epithermal copper/gold deposits;
• Experience in alluvial gold deposits is desirable but not necessary;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This is a fly in / fly out position with a roster of 16 days on 12 off. A very attractive salary package is on offer which includes all airfares, accommodation and meals.