Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
771502 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
June 21, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 18, 2012
To direct, coach, train, and monitor hourly employees to ensure that they consistently achieve all targets, including personal development and fulfill or exceed corporate quality standards, in a safe working environment and the provisions of the CBA are followed 100%.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly responsible for ensuring that productivity and quality targets are communicated to the workers, are met or exceeded.
- Ensure optimal material/process flow between mixing and molding.
- Ensure that quality of the product meets or exceeds the corporate quality standard, with no reject pieces being passed, by performing regular inspection throughout the shift.
- Monitor time performance and quality level daily and communicate issues to Production Management Team and workers as needed.
- Ensure completion of assigned tasks, which may include extended working hours when necessary.
- Ensure daily mixing room processes are followed including syrup viscosity and temperature are monitored and recorded as per established schedule.
- Follows recommendation to reduce or eliminate waste on the shop floor and promote value added activities.
- Perform baseline audit procedure to ensure that standard procedures and processes that have been established are being performed correctly.
- Ensure that production reported by workers matches with the actual inventory count and the end of the shift, as well as accurate reporting of scrapped and repaired products.
- Ensure accuracy of inventory and production information in SAP. Enforce proper barcoding/inventory procedures.
- Oversee production supplies, and other related items and ensure appropriate level of inventory of these items so that productivity and quality are not affected.
- Ensure that daily production schedule is followed, and communicated to the workers.
- Assist the Production Management Team by performing tasks assigned related to productivity and quality targets.
- Perform orientation of new employees and company policies and procedures.
- Ensure work area and equipment are maintained, cleaned and in working condition.
- Participate with the development and implementation of various training, attendance, safety, and quality programs.
- Maintains and promotes high morale and team harmony by increasing communication with employees on work related issues and concerns.
- Recommend to the Production Management Team/HR Coordinator recruitment and disciplinary actions.
- Perform worker self-audit as per schedule to ensure that best-practice methods are being followed by workers.
- Communicate results and action plans to Production Management Team.
- Ensure that operators have the proper tools and equipment in top operating condition to perform the duties assigned.
- Schedules vacations, monitors attendance, and arranges overtime as required including documentation.
- Participate in the activities of the Trouble Shooting Team in resolving process and product issues.
- Ensure equipment utilization is maximized, with no scheduled mold being empty for more than 15 minutes.
- Ensure pressure pots are not sitting on stirring station for more than one cycle.
- Ensure smooth transition between shifts, by performing shift change over activities by preparing materials/raw materials, supplies and equipment prior to start of shift.
- Document and report any areas of concerns related to training, employee conflict, policy or procedure to the Production Management Team and HR Coordinator.
- Recommends and implements changes to methods and procedures to improve quality and/or increase productivity.
- Ensure that the provisions in the CBA are followed 100%.
- Ensure compliance with the OH& S Act and corporate Health and Safety Program.
- Regularly inspect area for safety hazards, and implement corrective action.
- Promote good housekeeping practices and safe working practices.
- Verify employee's time sheets and submit to Payroll.
- Set-up equipment and ensure that established procedures are followed during set¬up.
- Troubleshoot issues and propose solutions to problems affecting productivity and quality goals.
- Ensure that shop floor issues are identified, recorded and reported on a daily basis.
- Ensure there is coverage for employees during breaks or exceptional events, that may result in production delays and wastage or other losses to the company.
- Ensure that "1st off" production pieces meet corporate quality standards and specifications.
- Perform minor trouble-shooting, and maintenance defined by established procedures and training.
- Ensure proper inventory handling and storage procedures are used to optimize space utilization and reduce internal plant waste and damage.
- Perform established plant closure and opening procedure.
- Ensure product weight meets the weight standard.
- Responsible for the security of the equipment, property and people on shift.
- Respond on an on-call bases to security alarm calls when needed.
- 3+ years Supervisory experience in unionized environment
- Post-secondary (college/university) graduation
- Experience supervising group of approximately 10, unionized personnel (machine operators)
- Night shift position (11:00PM Sunday night, finishing 7:00AM Friday morning, weekly).
- Experience with composite polymer moulding processes preferred.
- 5S experience a definite asset.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List