Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
771651 Job Summary
Coord Maint Surface (H)
Employer Job Id:
June 20, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 19, 2012
Coord Maint Surface (H)
- Responsible for the planning of and coordination of repair activities and preventive maintenance on all surface mine equipment to insure the safe, economical and efficient operation of the machinery.
- Five (5) years of experience trouble shooting and maintaining large off-highway diesel equipment required.
- Two (2) years of supervisor experience preferred.
- Coal mine experience desirable.
- Knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Office, EQMAINT, and MIMS.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to coordinate with co-workers and supervisors.
- Must have high safety standards for self and others.
- Must be knowledgeable of State and Federal mining regulations.
- Supply late model 4 wheel drive truck. (Company will pay monthly allowance.)
- Subject to emergency call-outs at any time.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Plans in advance all repairs of mining equipment that can be predicted and assists maintenance supervisors in repair planning of all unplanned breakdowns
- Act as primary interface with production to meet production requirements and schedule maintenance work in an optimum manner
- Ensure maintenance history and on-going maintenance activities are accurate
- Establish service intervals, preventative maintenance procedures, component replacement criteria and specific job specifications as required
- Supervises maintenance and repair personnel by providing technical counsel and advice to the maintenance workers, answers questions on methods or materials to be used, checks to observe workmanship and conformance to safety regulations.
- Develops and installs programs that establish short-term and long-term maintenance planning, scheduling and forecasting criteria.
- Prepares and reviews maintenance and repair reports; studies and analyzes costs for potential improvements.
- Analyzes failed components for failure reasons and then makes changes to eliminate or lessen chances or repeat failures.
- Evaluates the efforts of workforce and trains them in area of weakness.
- Keeps abreast of latest maintenance methods and equipment through technical publications and vendor representatives.
- Monitors maintenance employee work performance and operating conditions to ensure the prevention of accidents consistent with company safety objectives and applicable State and Federal regulations.
Physical Requirements, Surface Operations
- Must have the ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Must have the ability to be seated for up to 4 hours to operate equipment or vehicles.
- Must have the ability to work from elevated positions, walk/climb up and down stairs/steps and climb on and off equipment and ladders.
- Must have the ability to lift/raise 10 - 50 lbs. without mechanical assistance frequently during the course of work shift.
- Must have the ability to perform repetitive hand and wrist motions (push, pull, twist, handle), and have rapid reflex movements of the arms and legs and good hand to eye coordination.
- Must have the ability to work in extreme conditions, including but not limited to changing weather conditions, dust, mud, varying levels of noise from low to high, varying degrees of light and dark, in and around artificial light and in a confined work area.
- Must have the ability to wear required protective footwear, hearing and eye protection, and other personal protective equipment as required by Company and MSHA.
- Note: This description merely reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the essential functions of the position identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all of the work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Changes in operation or job content may require that this description be revised from time to time in the company’s sole discretion.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List