Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
771652 Job Summary
Supv I Elect Surface
Employer Job Id:
June 20, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 19, 2012
Supv I Elect Surface
Job Summary/Essential Functions:
- Ensure safe work practices and regulatory compliance at all times.
- Supervise daily activities of assigned electricians in support of mine operations and maintenance.
- Oversee all electrical apparatus and preventive maintenance schedules including the necessary documentation and record keeping.
- Plan projects to improve equipment performance/reliability and/or safety.
- Utilize SAP for the collection and compilation of historical information on all electrical apparatus for future planned maintenance. SAP is the maintenance work order system for the company.
- Oversee/assist in electrical repairs on surface facilities, equipment, and draglines.
- Maintain updated electrical drawings and schematics for all equipment.
- Work with Regional and Corporate electrical personnel to develop specifications and scopes of work.
- Travel to other work locations as directed.
- Current MSHA surface electrical certifications (high, medium, and low voltage).
- High school diploma required. Additional training in electrical maintenance preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in mine electrical maintenance.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing power distribution equipment, AC and DC motors, electrical systems, and be able to troubleshoot complex circuits of modern mining equipment and facilities.
- Knowledge of State and Federal mining regulations pertaining to coal mining and NEC standards is required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to electrical troubleshoot from blue prints and service manuals and perform the required repair.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing PLC systems and large electric draglines.
- Utilize RCA techniques to identify and eliminate defects.
- Must be able to read and understand Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Must be self-motivated and able to communicate, co-operate, and coordinate with co-workers and other supervisors.
- Must maintain high safety standards for self and others.
- Must comply with Company, State, and Federal regulations, plans, and policies.
- Must be willing to work any assigned shift, weekends, and holidays.
- On call for emergency work 24 hours per day.
Physical Requirements, Surface Operations:
- Must have the ability to stand for prolong periods of time.
- Must have the ability to be seated for up to 4 hours to operate equipment or vehicles.
- Must have the ability to work from elevated positions, walk/climb up and down stairs/steps and climb on and off equipment and ladders.
- Must have the ability to lift/raise 10 – 50 lbs. without mechanical assistance frequently during the course of work shift.
- Must have the ability to perform repetitive hand and wrist motions (push, pull, twist, handle), and have rapid reflex movements of the arms and legs and good hand to eye coordination.
- Must have the ability to work in extreme conditions, including but not limited to changing weather conditions, dust, mud, varying levels of noise from low to high, varying degrees of light and dark in and around artificial light and in a confined work area.
- Must have the ability to wear required protective footwear, hearing and eye protection, and other personal protective equipment as required by Company and MSHA.
- Note: This description merely reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the essential functions of the position identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all of the work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Changes in operation or job content may require that this description be revised from time to time in the company’s sole discretion.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List