Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
771668 Job Summary
Quality Control Manager
Employer Job Id:
June 20, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 19, 2012
Quality Control Manager
- [Company] is seeking a qualified Quality Control Manager for the South Region. This position will be located in our South Regional office in Irving, TX.
- The Quality Control Manager is responsible for managing the technical services for the South Region aggregates operations and provides quality control, quality assurance, material procurement and product development services to the aggregate businesses.
- This position will develop and oversee the divisional quality control program in addition to serving as the primary technical resource for quality standards and methods.
- [Company] is one of the largest suppliers of heavy building materials to the construction industry in North America. Our companies produce a broad range of building materials, including cement, aggregates (crushed rock, sand and gravel), ready mixed and precast concrete, asphalt, concrete pipes, pavers, tiles and clay bricks.
- [Company] is part of the[Company] , the global market leader in aggregates and a prominent player in cement, concrete and other downstream activities. [Company] employs some 57,000 people at 2,600 locations in around 40 countries.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Provide leadership, develop, and implement a comprehensive quality control/assurance program
- Work with production and sales staff to identify and develop opportunities to introduce new or modified products to customer base
- Prepare mix designs, bid packages, review and approve laboratory data analysis
- Provide professional technical support, troubleshoot, investigate and resolve internal and external customer concerns including product-placement and/or performance problems
- Provide support for company QC/QA training programs
- Review and manage daily test results for compliance with governing codes and company standards and goals
- Educate staff, sales and operations in product application
- Participate in forecasting, budgeting and planning strategies
- Support local design and engineering community as required and represent the company in industry and professional associations
- Ensure compliance requirements are met through organizational and procedural measures including implementation of Group guidelines, performing training, monitoring compliance etc.
- Proactively assist in the health & safety of employees to continuously improve the company's health & safety performance
- This position requires extensive travel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering or related field with a Professional Engineering designation strongly preferred
- 10 Years of Extensive Technical/QC Services management experience in the ready mix concrete, HMA, and aggregate industry highly preferred
- Ability to perform/direct extensive concrete, HMA, and aggregate testing
- Experience in resolving technical issues related to product-placement and material performance
- Product knowledge and experience with mix designs and bid package submittals
- Excellent skills in collecting and organizing data, project management, writing technical reports and presentations
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated experience in leadership, problem solving, creativity, strategic thinking, fostering cooperation and teamwork within a business unit
- Computer competency using Outlook, MS Office Products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Valid and active Texas driver’s license
- Will regularly be exposed to:
- Employee must be able to function in an office environment as well as the building materials industrial environmental conditions and the physical demands of working/auditing at the plant level (standing, walking, sitting, stooping, kneeling, climbing, crouching or crawling)
- Employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls
- Employee is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear
- Occasional use of personal protective equipment including respirator
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
Health and Safety Manager
<1 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List