Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
771695 Job Summary
Materials Sales Representative
Employer Job Id:
June 20, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 19, 2012
Materials Sales Representative
Since 1922 [Company] has built some of America’s largest infrastructure projects; highways, bridges, dams, rail, power and other “heavy civil” projects. Additionally, many of our offices provide high quality concrete, asphalt and gravel products for the construction industry. At[Company] , we believe that our greatest asset is our people. We build careers by encouraging creativity and providing opportunities for development. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability and Citizenship.
- Responsible for selling construction materials and services by establishing and maintaining effective relationships with potential buyers to ensure sales goals are met.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Develop and identify prospects from current clients, referral leads, and other sources to ensure sales goals are achieved.
- Execute business development action plans for defined targets to ensure sales objectives are met.
- Prepare and issue reports on prospect pipeline, current sales, forecasts, and market trends to ensure plant and branch operations can effectively manage their business units.
- Assist in the implementation of the strategic marketing plan, department sales objectives and individual sales plans to ensure sales goals are met.
- Provide input on issues relevant to client programs, work in progress, marketing initiatives and sales assistance to ensure strong client relationships.
- Assist the sales team in obtaining market information on existing construction materials competitors, including sand and gravel, crushed stone, asphalt concrete and ready mix concrete suppliers, to understand their capabilities and offerings.
- In conjunction with the sales team interface with owners’ representatives, subcontractors, and agencies to understand existing construction materials needs and identify sales leads.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business or related field, or equivalent experience
- 0 - 3 years outside sales experience
- Previous exposure to construction materials (asphalt, aggregates, cement, etc.) preferred
- Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Ability to generate leads and close deals
- Good customer service, public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to work in high production environment and respond quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines
- MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) skills
- Ability to properly manage and prioritize resources and projects
- Strong written and oral communication skills to effectively disseminate information
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List