- Manage the Construction of Land Development Projects
- Large Tier One Consultancy, centrally located
- Management role - rare opportunity
This organisation is a market leading in engineering consulting. Operating globally, and in multiple market sectors, they consistently lead the way in project design and delivery. They are award winners for the innovative engineering solutions in the urban development sector. They have a multidisciplinary team and boast a large portfolio of quality, landmark projects both locally and nationally.
Due to strategic growth, we are recruiting for a Construction Manager to manage the Construction Delivery Team within the Land Development group.
The role will see you project managing the construction of Civil Works projects and leading the team. You will also be responsible for ensuring that construction meets the design, codes, regulations and OH&S practices and that urban development projects are delivered on time, on budget and meet design specification.
You will also be required to perform on-site inspections to ensure that the correct methods and materials are used, liaise and negotiate with contractors, coordinate with external stakeholders (councils, water authorities, service providers), write reports liaise back with the design team and provide feedback on construction.
As the ideal candidate you will have:
- Circa 10+ years experience coordinating Civil projects and Civil Construction Works in the Urban Development market
- Prior consultancy experience to ensure a good understanding of the 'local' development market
- A solid knowledge of construction materials and specifications/standards
- Experience coordinating and liaising with external parties i.e. contractors and water authorities
- A good understanding of the management process and OH&S policies and practices
- Be accredited for auditing purposes with the major water authorities or be eligible for accreditation
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
You will be rewarded with a very attractive salary, ample support from a quality team, great corporate reputation, and an exciting career prospect to head up the team.