WORK WITH GREAT PEOPLE. ACCOMPLISH GREAT THINGS. CREATE YOUR CAREER PATH.
At Canadian Natural, we are proud of the achievements of our people.
Our goal has always been to run our business and run it well, executing on our projects and creating value for our shareholders. That is what we have focused on for the past twenty years, and it is what we continue to focus on. Today the efforts of over 5000 employees have helped us become a leading senior oil and gas exploration and production company.
Horizon Oil Sands
Horizon Oil Sands is an exciting part of our growth. Full production capacity for Phase 1 is 110,000 bbl/d of fully upgraded, light, sweet synthetic crude oil. We will see incremental production gains throughout the completion of future expansion and debottlenecking, with targeted full facility capacity of approximately 250,000 bbl/d. Further phases of expansion will bring the ultimate capacity to 500,000 bbl/d.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - RELOCATION - COMPANY SPONSORED LOCATION PREMIUMS, FLY IN/FLY OUT ALLOWANCE AND SITE ACCOMMODATIONS!
See our Candidate Information Guide at www.cnrl-candidate-info.com to learn about our competitive compensation plan and much more!
This position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary or Fort McMurray
• Company Sponsored Fly In/Fly Out and Camp Accommodation Program with charter flights available from Calgary or Edmonton
Our Horizon Oil Sands operation is expanding with project spending for 2012 forecasted at approximately $1.55 billion with future projected spending of approximately $2 - 2.5 billion each year for the next several years.
The Supply Management Buyer will assist with the execution of the material and equipment strategy in accordance with the Horizon Oil Sands Supply Management guidelines.
• Prepare and issue requests for quotations and prepare commercial evaluations
• Support the Lead in the development of an Approved Manufacturer’s List and Standardization Pricing Agreements where appropriate
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Interface with business areas to develop procurement strategies, plans and schedules
• Work interactively with the business units to ensure a clear scope of work
• Prepare procurement plans for purchase of major equipment, spare parts and materials
• Pre-qualification and selection of bidders
• Development of Request For Quotation (RFQ) documents
• Manage the RFQ bidding process, including receipt of bids, bid clarification, evaluation and final bid recommendation
• Procurement and post award administration of Purchase Orders including management of change
• Purchase Order closeout
• Conduct negotiations with suppliers
• Provide purchasing support for logistics, and material controls groups by ensuring that contractual requirements are fulfilled by suppliers
• Convert requisitions for equipment and materials into purchase orders within determined timelines for on-time delivery
• Ensure that all purchasing requests for quotations clearly identify the scope of work and tenders are received, opened and evaluated in accordance with specific project requirements, acquisition procedures and corporate ethical guidelines
• Develop a supplier evaluation process that will ensure only quality suppliers are supplying material equipment to Horizon
• Typically 5+ years of related industry experience with Post Secondary Education and/or a Degree in related field
• Certified Professional Purchaser (CPP)/Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) designation is beneficial
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o Working in a large industrial setting
o Operations and management processes
o Working with the Microsoft Office suite
o Procurement Software
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.