Our client is a global, employee-owned, multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy. They have an enviable record in project delivery and have designed some of the most iconic structures in the world. They also have a commitment to a sustainable design approach and continually pursue technical excellence through their ground breaking work.
They are looking for broad-minded individuals who can look beyond the constraints of their own specialism to add value to this already dynamic and exciting consultancy.
A new position has opened up for an Associate Geotechnical Engineer to be based in our clients Belfast office, The Associate Geotechnical Engineer will provide a leading support and management role on a range of projects both large and small infrastructure and building schemes.
Day to day duties for this role includes:
• Developing engineering solutions from concept through to implementation stage
• Maintaining an overview of Geotechnical Engineering design quality
• Supervision and management of the detailed geotechnical design and drawing production
• Liaising with clients and managing client meetings
• Project leader on multi-professional projects with high Geotechnical Engineering content
To be considered for the role of Associate Geotechnical Engineer, the ideal candidate will have the following experience:
• BEng in Civil Engineering or a BSc in Geological Sciences supplemented by an MSc in Engineering Geology/Geotechnical Engineering
• Chartered Engineer.
• Extensive technical and management experience with awareness of engineering designs out of Geotechnical discipline.
• Be able to design and deliver geotechnical engineering solutions on major and/or complex projects
• Excellent people management skills and experience of managing staff at all levels
• Able to demonstrate strong commercial awareness