Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
772593 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
June 22, 2012
August 21, 2012
An exciting opportunity for a Associate level Hydrogeologist to join our reputable Environment team to support an expanding international project workload and client base in brownfield regeneration, environmental engineering, mining and infrastructure sectors. This position requires a highly motivated self-starter, with good general contaminated land experience. The role is based in the London or Epsom office and the individual would report to the Director of Hydrogeology and work collaboratively with other technical specialists and businesses within Atkins.
They should have experience in leading complex hydrogeological projects with key technical specialist skills in contaminant transport, environmental risk assessment and numerical modelling. The role involves staff management, technical review, business development and project management. They will to take personal responsibility of delivery for demanding assignments. Successful candidates will have wide variety of hydrogeological experience supporting and leading complex engineering and environmental projects. Main duties will comprise managing a group of groundwater specialists based in Southern England.
- Leading land contamination projects, including scheduling and managing work to acceptable quality, on time and to budget.
- Developing new business and expanding technically innovative solutions for client.
- Preparation and management of commercial offers, including budget forecasts with integrated knowledge of environmental, infrastructure and land development projects.
- Reporting and presenting complex interpretative results to clients and other parties clearly.
- Working with the wider team in advancing projects to the highest standard.
- Mentoring, training and developing staff in groundwater specialist professions.
- Preparing and giving external training courses to regulators, private clients and consultants.
- Advancing Atkins’ international reputation and client base through conference presentations and publications.
The ideal applicant would:
- Have BSc and MSc degrees in Hydrogeology/Geology, Science and/or Engineering with 2.1 achievement or better.
- Chartership with a relevant professional body
- Demonstrate a proven track record in business development and multi-disciplinary project delivery.
- Have excellent project management skills, commercial awareness, financial management skills and be able to deliver work across a range of contract types
- Have knowledge and understanding of detailed quantitative risk assessment for controlled waters, ecological, property, vapour and gas risks.
- Have detailed experience in fate and transport of metals, inorganic and organic compounds in the environment.
- Have good, relevant contaminated land experience (Phase 1 through Phase 3 remediation implementation, including site work).
- Have experience working with a wide range of clients and market sectors.
- Applicants must be keen to develop staff and through business development provide opportunities for career development for the team.
- Be familiar with relevant codes of practice and industry standards, and have good broad understanding of environmental.
- Be numerate, literate and familiar with IT and software appropriate to the tasks undertaken
- Have a valid UK driving license, be available to travel across the UK and occasionally overseas.
- Legal right to work in the UK.
- You will be expected to work in an integrated team of environmental and engineering specialists, and to have an understanding of related disciplines.
- Highly motivated, diligent with a clear attention to detail and conscientious.
- Innovative nature with proven problem-solving skills.
- Flexible and prepared to take on new challenges working throughout the UK and other international locations.
- Highly motivated and proactive, with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Skilled at collaborative working, have good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively
- Customer focused and a high level of relationship management skills
- Strong reputation and high level technical performance
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List