The Atkins Land & Development division is a multidisciplinary environmental team focused on helping our clients renew and recycle their neighbourhoods, property and waste. We plan, design and enable, keeping sustainability at the heart of every project that we deliver.
We have an opportunity for a Hydrogeologist with a hydrogeology MSc or PhD and geology or mathematical science based undergraduate degree to develop their skills and experience.
The work is likely to include data processing, contaminated land risk assessment, site works including borehole drilling supervision and pump tests, analysis of chemical data related to contaminated land and mine water problems. The candidate would be part of a large team of hydrogeologists, engineers and environmental scientists resolving problems for a variety of clients. One of the key aspects is to carry out and support analytical and numerical modelling.
• First degree in Geoscience or mathematical science based subject,
• MSc or PhD in Hydrogeology
• First degree in Geoscience or Mathematical Science based subject
• MSc in Geoscience, preferably hydrogeology or hydrogeology based MSc
• Good numerate skills and ability to develop analytical and numerical models from
• Site Investigation experience
• Hydrogeological assessment experience
• Good data processing skills
• Project management
• Experience in analytical and numerical modelling packages including ConSim, USGS Modflow, FEFlow
The successful candidate will:
• Be responsible for managing projects and tasks, providing support to senior managers and development support to junior members of the team.
• Carry out and manage a variety of tasks, with particular emphasis on development of modelling skills within the team.
• Provide support to bids and business development.
The level of responsibility and input will vary dependent on candidate. However, the aim will be to develop the individual to provide senior input and review.
The right candidate will:
• Demonstrate a good understanding of geological processes and how they relate to hydrogeology
• Demonstate an understanding of contaminant transport processes and remedial technologies
• Strive to deliver excellent performance
• Be able to think innovatively and identify solutions
• Be passionate about delivering quality solutions to clients’ environmental issues
• Be able to integrate hydrogeology into the wider context of our clients’ projects
Right to Work
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA ( who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house and well as external training.
Rewards and Benefits
Please refer to our rewards & benefits page for details of our full benefits package.