The Senior Planner will be responsible for the production of programmes for Design, Procurement, Construction, Installation & Commissioning activities for each project from tender through to completion; also reviewing the progress of programmes on a regular cycle and management reporting.
• Development of tender programme into construction programme.
• Production of programmes through all phases of the project 'life'.
• Production of resourced programmes from 'First Principles'. Emphasis on the understanding of construction methods and the ability to inform members of the team the reasoning behind the programme.
• Co-ordination of input from all departments into the programme and take the "lead" on the programme development.
• Progress of programmes with site teams and highlight areas of concern and introduce mitigation measures.
• Client liaison leading to Client confidence in the Programme.
• Regular site visits so as to assist site teams with planning matters.
• Liaison with Site teams regarding input into programme development.
• Collation of progress information & production of progress reporting.
• Update Programme following Change Control procedure.
• Develop entitlement programme and collate appropriate back-up information
• Liaison with estimating/commercial staff
• Production of phase drawing/planning information
• HNC / HND or Degree (Construction related)
• NVQ Level 1 / 2 or 3
• Expertise and practical application of the planning process and construction activities.
• Knowledge and use of planning software.
• Computer literate.
Kier Group operates through three main divisions, each focused on being best in its class. Our activities span building, civil engineering, surface mining, facilities management, residential and commercial property investment and PFI project investment.