Package: Competitive remuneration package including generous Benefits
Due to growth we are seeking a Foreman. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Foreman to further their career within a large organisation like Kier.
• Managing Safety on site including giving inductions and effective Tool Box Talks, Daily Task Briefings and Point of Work assessments to Site Operatives.
• Allocating duties to Site Operatives.
• Supervising Site Operatives and site activities to ensure tasks carried out are within their levels of skill and expertise.
• Organising and Requisitioning Site Equipment/ Plant and Materials to ensure completion of Works.
• Co-ordinating with Line Managers on managing work methods which are technically sound, safe, economically viable, feasible and consistent and advise them of any items which may impact / change the Contract Programme.
• Maintain Daily Records of site activities and liaise with the Line Managers to produce information for Progress Reports.
• Monitor the attendance of Site Operatives and check the Daily Allocation sheets for accuracy and correct reporting of additional instructed work.
• Implement the requirements of Work Safety Plans, Method Statements, Risk Assessments and other Works Procedures ensuring they comply with the relevant documentation.
• Ensure all site operatives are wearing appropriate PPE at all times during site activities.
• Ensure all site operatives are trained to use any plant and equipment and they are using it safely and for it's correct purpose at all times.
• Ensure the site is kept in a clean and tidy manner ensuring that all plant, equipment and materials that are not required are returned to the appropriate location.
• Ensure that all Goods Received Notes are secured and handed in to the appropriate location.
• Openly report any mistakes or near misses and feedback any lessons learnt and best practice.
• Look for and suggest any improvements in site operations.
• Co-ordinate with Engineers to confirm dimensional requirements.
• Demonstration of knowledge and practical application of the set up and day to day running of a construction site.
• NVQ 1/2
• Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) card - Supervisor - Gold, Experienced Supervisor or Manager.
• Must have earthworks experience
We offer a competitive remuneration package including generous holiday entitlement, contribution to a pension scheme, life assurance and private health cover. To discuss this exciting opportunity in detail please contact Bal Rai on 01767 640111.
Kier Group operates through three main divisions, each focused on being best in its class. Our activities span building, civil engineering, surface mining, facilities management, residential and commercial property investment and PFI project investment.