As a Geotechnical Engineer within Fugro Engineers BV, you work on site characterisation and engineering for the placement of foundations and other structures in or on the seabed. These structures include, amongst others, offshore windmills, intercontinental infrastructure and offshore platforms. You are really in the front line, making impressive projects possible for our clients and society. By providing high-quality soil characterization under demanding conditions, ranging in climate from tropical to arctic or from the shore to 3000m below sea level.
In Fugro, we stimulate your entrepreneurship so you can fully apply your knowledge and develop your talents. As Geotechnical Engineer you will work on a wide range of projects, with variety in character, scale and complexity. You will go offshore for periods of 2 to 5 weeks (roughly 120 days a year in total) to acquire data, perform in-situ and field laboratory tests, and collect sediment samples. And you will evaluate the test results, perform complex engineering analyses, and finally compile all results into a high quality advice report for our clients. Our company is the place to be if you like to combine field work with challenging engineering analyses and if you like to be involved in many aspects of our projects.
• BSc or MSc degree, in Geotechnical Engineering, Civil Engineering, or Engineering Geology, preferably in combination with relevant experience.
• Knowledge of soil mechanics, foundation engineering and soil investigation.
• Good communication skills in both oral and written English.
• Initiative, team working, entrepreneurship, flexibility, enthusiasm, analytical excellence.
• A medical examination for offshore work is part of the selection procedure for this job
• Applicants must hold a current European Union work permit if they are not an EU member.
What we offer
• A job with variation at an international, solid and successful company
• Working in motivated, multicultural teams within an informal atmosphere
• An independent position with room for own initiative.
• Extensive training program
• A wide range of development opportunities
• Fugro offers competitive terms of employment.
• The whole world as your workplace.