WORK WITH GREAT PEOPLE. ACCOMPLISH GREAT THINGS. CREATE YOUR CAREER PATH.
At Canadian Natural, we are proud of the achievements of our people.
Our goal has always been to run our business and run it well, executing on our projects and creating value for our shareholders. That is what we have focused on for the past twenty years, and it is what we continue to focus on. Today the efforts of over 5000 employees have helped us become a leading senior oil and gas exploration and production company.
Horizon Oil Sands
Horizon Oil Sands is an exciting part of our growth. Full production capacity for Phase 1 is 110,000 bbl/d of fully upgraded, light, sweet synthetic crude oil. We will see incremental production gains throughout the completion of future expansion and debottlenecking, with targeted full facility capacity of approximately 250,000 bbl/d. Further phases of expansion will bring the ultimate capacity to 500,000 bbl/d.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - RELOCATION
See our Candidate Information Guide at www.cnrl-candidate-info.com to learn about our competitive compensation plan and much more!
To support the growth of Canadian Natural's Horizon Oil Sands, this position may be assigned or require business travel to various contractor workplaces during project phases for extended periods. Domestic locations may include Edmonton, Alberta and Vancouver, British Columbia. International locations may include Europe, Asia and the United States.
Our Horizon Oil Sands operation is expanding with project spending for 2012 forecasted at approximately $2 Billion with similar spending projected each year for the next 5 years.
The Project Engineer will contribute to Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) contractor management throughout the project phases from design, construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning to start-up of the completed projects ensuring project completion on time and on budget.
Coordinate Electrical, Instrumentation and Automation project engineering teams in addition to being the interface with operations and maintenance of the existing plant.
Temporary Work Assignment
To support this project, the Project Engineer will have an opportunity to complete a temporary work assignment in Krakow, Poland for a duration of approximately 12-18 months. Canadian Natural Resources will offer a substantial and comprehensive relocation package tailored to the candidate and their family, including flights, accommodation and transport. Upon completion the role will relocate back to Fort McMurray where it will be eligible for our fly-in/fly-out program.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Supervise, appraise and coordinate EPC activities to produce contractual deliverables, ensuring that the contractor performs diligently all its obligations under the contract (safety, quality, cost and schedule)
• Coordinate all interfaces and information management between the contractor and all internal parties involved
• Foster a productive and open communication with the project management team and other Horizon teams that may influence or may be influenced by project activities
• Support and oversee the planning and development of:
o Execution plans
o Scopes of work
o Schedules and budgets
• Implement lessons learned to improve plant operations
• Participate in the selection of suppliers and construction contractors, as required
• Work directly with and provide timely direction and input to construction contractors to ensure they meet the technical requirements stated on the engineering deliverables, and to solve technical issues in the field
• Typically 10+ years of related industry experience with Engineering Degree.
• Expertise in Automation, Electrical or Instrumentation.
• Registration or eligibility for registration with APEGA
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o Coordinating multi-disciplinary engineering teams as a project engineer
o Working with or for engineering consultants
o Project Management practices
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.