Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
772697 Job Summary
HSE Manager, Site Management
Employer Job Id:
June 21, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 20, 2012
HSE Manager, Site Management
- Under General Supervision, this position reports to HSE Management or Project Management. With Administrative Direction, administers the HSE programs on the project at the direction of the project manager. Responsible for site-wide HSE programs and policies, incorporating appropriate HSE standards. May be first level of management for an accomplished HSE professional. Assigned to projects of average complexity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages supervisors, inspectors, nurses, medics, and other employees working in the HSE department.
- Audits HSE programs and site conditions at all work sites..
- Oversees incident investigations and conducts investigations of incidents that could result in litigation.
- Develops and presents recommendations and advises all levels of management to ensure balance between productivity and the safety of team members, sub-contractors, and visitors.
- Creates and establishes project HSE programs to address program gaps.
- Maintains liaison with client representatives, company HSE personnel, and regulatory agencies.
- Assists other business lines, projects, and company organizations with their HSE programs.
- Maintains liaison with owners’ representatives, insurance carriers, the community, and corporate HSE group.
- Supports workers’ compensation interface.
- Provides regulatory interface.
- Provides sales assistance and support.
- Produces and supports HSE education and training programs.
- Represents company in outside HSE organizations.
- Advises, consults, guides, and assists sectors, divisions, regions, or corporate departments in HSE matters.
- Initiates and maintains HSE awareness programs and fosters such programs to improve awareness.
- Provides guidance to management through interpretation of HSE Practices and Procedures, legislation, and regulations.
- Participates in monitoring and controlling HSE standards and applicable legislation and regulations.
- Inspects, monitors, and evaluates HSE programs for value and effectiveness.
- Establishes specifications for HSE and fire protection equipment.
- Maintains records, reports, and documents required to meet corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Creates and administers HSE orientation program for project employees.
- Works closely with project personnel to establish HSE staffing requirements, budgets, and schedules,
- Performs other duties as assigned.
On-site project workspace of various conditions which may include temporary office facilities and exposure to moving, mechanical parts and vibration; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and various levels of outside weather and/or
Generally favorable indoor office workspace
Basic Job Requirements
- Four (4) year university degree plus seven (7) years of HSE experience or typically has ten (10) years of HSE or project related experience.
- Demonstrates capability to run a medium to large project.
Other Job Requirements
- Intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing and email as well as the intermediate use of spreadsheets and electronic presentations
- A knowledge of and ability with leadership skills including mediation skills
- High critical thinking/reasoning ability
- Effective communication skills
- Strong presentation skills including public speaking
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
Accredited Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred.
Skills demonstrating the capability to run a medium to large project
A valid driver’s license, if required by the project
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List