Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
772709 Job Summary
Planning and Scheduling Supervisor
Employer Job Id:
June 21, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 20, 2012
Planning and Scheduling Supervisor
- [Company] brings advanced equipment, systems and direct services to the global mining industry. With its focus solely on mining, [Company] designs, manufactures, distributes [Company] surface mining equipment and JOY [/C] underground mining machinery used to cut, crush, load and convey coal and industrial minerals worldwide. Customers receive a superior experience through direct relationships with [Company] support people, and through its services located close to the mines.
- [Company] is continuously working to make mining operations safer and more productive. With [Company] innovative equipment and life-cycle services, mine operators are able to consistently achieve the lowest cost per unit of production
- over the life of the equipment.
- [Company] offers excellent benefits, a continual focus on training and development and a financially sound company in a growing industry. We are currently looking to add a Planning and Scheduling Supervisor to our Longview, TX location.
- Provide leadership, system knowledge, functional department understanding and a broad range of inter-personnel communications, including discipline and motivational direction. Must know how to perform each employee’s tasks.
- Responsible for the production planning and product flow to support on-time delivery of original equipment and service parts through manufacturing operations.
- Participate in the annual budget, burden rate setting and manpower decisions to help realize corporate goals.
- Participate in Manufacturing SOP process. Provide input from capacity and inventory availability status. Interpret sales requirements. Make adjustments to schedule, capacity, and inventory strategies for products.
- Process MRP action reports.
- Gather local performance measurement statistics.
- Process multiple SBDC BMS error message sessions.
- Participate in the Capital Equipment scheduling meeting.
- Provide weekly status of products to comply the OEM schedule.
- Support and manage outside consultant to the Thru-put scheduling software and database.
- Assist Sales in forecasting of OE and aftermarket products.
- Identify and correct capacity constraints for finite scheduling model.
- MRP schedule management and order closing via receipt and disbursement procedures or delivery note process.
- Support in data integrity, identifying root cause and leading corrective actions.
- Production Control responsibility for fifty million dollars of active work in process (WIP).
- Inventory Control responsibility for three million dollars of storeroom material.
- Manage department budget of $750K annually.
- Assist in measuring and management of inventory turns.
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management or Material Management.
- At least 5 years of experience in Scheduling and Planning in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of MRP systems.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- APICS or CPIM Certification is a plus.
- Knowledge of Lean principles is a plus.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List