Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
772723 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
June 21, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 20, 2012
- Assembles all bore sizes of hydraulic and pneumatic cylinders, partially (rod mount; bearing sub-assembly, etc.) or completely (not limited to specific product design Families – all families, styles and mounts), working at bench or on shop floor. Performs dimensional inspections on all cylinders assembled to ensure conformance with sales order requirements. Performs pressure/cycling test on both hydraulic and pneumatic cylinders of all bore sizes, not limited to any specific product design family.
- Interpret blueprints of assemblies and part drawings – Must be able to understand and read drawings in order to understand the proper assembly along with dimensional requirements of the order.
- Interpret Bills of Materials and Shop Work Orders – Required to check provided components against Bill of Materials and assemble components per standard process and special requirements as stated on shop work orders.
- Inspect for dimensional accuracy of completed assembly against Shop Work Order – Able to use standard measuring devices (Tape Measure, Calipers, Micrometers, Thread Ring Gages and Thread Stud Gages) in order to check accuracy of final assembly to requirements stated on Shop Work Order.
- Perform Pressure/Cycling Testing – Per Shop Work order requirements must be able to setup and perform cylinder testing via hydraulic or pneumatic test stands.
- Make use of varied material handling equipment - This includes the use of Forklifts, overhead cranes and pallet jacks.
- Make continuous improvements throughout the assembly process – Identify areas of opportunity regarding design for assembly, improved processes, etc. Work within cell to provide solutions to issues identified including 8D teams and Individual Corrective Actions. Solutions address both root cause fixes and immediate containment.
- Promotes Teaming – Promotes teaming in order solve issues; serves on teams to address issues. Encourages teamwork and engages all team members respectfully in order to achieve positive solutions.
- Safety - Promotes accident prevention fundamentals and processes to provide an accident and injury free workplace. Deals appropriately with both unsafe conditions and behaviors using a Job Safety Analysis Document.
- Housekeeping - Promotes a clean and orderly workplace by adhering to company housekeeping standards. Promotes and participates in shop 5S activities. Responsible for attainment of 5S goals in area.
- Quality - Promotes adherence to quality system policy and procedures to provide defect free products. Provides process improvements to correct deficiencies and resolve problems.
- Cost Control - Keeps waste (scrap, rework, supplies, tooling, etc.) to a minimum. Adheres to all governing procedures. Addresses all causes of nonconformance.
- Position is on B shift. Working hours are Monday - Friday 4:30 pm - 1 am.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- High school diploma/GED required. Minimum 3 of years’ experience in a manufacturing environment is required. Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years working with hydraulic/pneumatic cylinders. Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship. No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate area of Decatur (50 Miles) will be considered for this position. Candidate must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. with reasonable accommodation. Incumbent must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Repetitive lifting, bending, and squatting is inherent to this position.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and engineering drawings. Ability to organize and lead small teams. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to use email and ERP systems.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to operate forklifts safely throughout manufacturing area in order to move raw material and complete goods.
- Associates degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school in related field.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List