Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
772724 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
June 21, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 20, 2012
- Reads blueprint or job order for product specifications such as dimensions and tolerances, tooling instructions, fixtures, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cut, determines sequence of operations, and identify conformity of material requirements.
- Use inventory knowledge to pull raw material from inventory areas to produce work.
- Selects, positions, and secures tool in toolholder (chuck, collet, or toolpost).
- Positions and secures workpiece in holding device, machine table, chuck, centers, or fixtures.
- Moves controls to position tool and workpiece in relation to each other, and to set specified feeds, speeds, and depth of cut.
- Observes operation of machine and verifies conformance of machined workpiece to specifications.
- Able to hold tolerances as close as .0005".
- Able to work efficiently while maintaining all safety standards.
- Perform routine maintenance on machines and tooling.
- Monitor all vital fluids on equipment.
- Identify equipment malfunctions.
- Initiate material substitutions as needed.
- Trains others as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Position will be on B shift. Hours are Monday - Friday 4:30 pm - 1 am.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements):
- High School Diploma/GED required. Minimum of 2 years of Machinist experience or training. Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship. No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate area of Decatur (50 Miles) will be considered for this position.
- Candidate must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. with reasonable accommodation. Incumbent must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Repetitive lifting, bending, and squatting is inherent to this position.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and engineering drawings. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, and other employees of the organization. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List