Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
772732 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
June 22, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 19, 2012
Cobar is home to approximately 5,500 people. It is a well serviced regional town with the necessary infrastructure to support the community with facilities such as hospital, medical services, public and private schools, child care, library, cinema, restaurants, cafes, supermarkets and retail shopping outlets. For the nature lovers, Cobar boasts some beautiful gardens, parks and reserves whilst also providing plenty of sports and recreational activities for the fitness (and social) conscious. Cobar is centrally located in the heart of NSW and provides excellent road links to most of Australia’s capital cities.
New Gold is an intermediate gold mining company. The company has a portfolio of three producing assets and three significant development projects. New Gold’s most immediate development project, New Afton, is scheduled to begin production in mid-2012 and together with the Mesquite Mine in the United States, the Cerro San Pedro Mine in Mexico, and Peak Gold Mines in Australia, the company is forecasting between 405,000 and 445,000 ounces of gold production in 2012. In addition, New Gold owns 30% of the world-class El Morro project located in Chile and 100% of the exciting Blackwater project in Canada.
For further information on the company, please visit www.newgold.com.
Reporting to the Financial Controller you will be responsible for the preparation of quality financial statements and management reports.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Monitor changes to accounting standards and assist in implementing necessary changes
- Identify and research accounting issues, including IFRS
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness in all financial information
- Monthly journals review
- Continuous monitoring and improvement of relevant, timely, robust reporting
- Develop and maintain accounting policies and business procedures
- Prepare for implementation of SAP
- Ad hoc projects and analysis, include budget assistance
- Financial statement preparation and reporting to Canadian Head Office
- Prepare monthly working papers
- Liaise with head office and auditors
- Monitor and maintain internal control documentation and activities, ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley Act
- It is envisaged that the successful candidate will have the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- Commitment to health, safety and environment
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting and have completed either CA/CPA
- Experience in financial and management accounting along with financial modelling, business compliance, tax accounting and business analysis
- Previous experience working in a mining or mining services organisation and exposure to a large ERP system (ideally SAP) will be an advantage
- Advanced user of MS Excel with a keen eye for detail and the ability to adapt and work within a team
- The benefits for working with us include, but not limited to:
- An attractive remuneration package
- Annual bonus scheme
- 9 day fortnight
- Subsidised company housing
- Relocation Assistance
- Peak Gold Mines Employee Added Extras scheme
- Fort Bourke Tunnel Club (social club)
- Free access to the Cobar Gym and Cobar swimming pool
- Home Purchase Scheme
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
< 1 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List