Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
773506 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
June 22, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 21, 2012
[Company] is seeking a qualified Process Engineer at our cement plant in Leeds, Alabama.
This position is responsible for monitoring and maximizing the kiln, raw grinding, and finish grinding systems to ensure production goals are met on a daily basis. The Process Engineer will participate and drive projects and communicate maintenance requirements with the plant Maintenance Department. The Process Engineer is also responsible for reviewing and analyzing operations date to evaluate and recommend changes for efficient and continuous operation.
[Company] is part of the[Company] , the global market leader in aggregates and a prominent player in cement, concrete and other downstream activities. [Company] employs some 57,000 people at 2,600 locations in around 40 countries.
Our Expectations - Your Results
- Oversee the day to day operation of the kiln, raw mill, and the finish grinding systems. Review and analyze operations data to evaluate and recommend changes for efficient and continuous operation. Ensures management is aware of trends and operational issues in a timely manner and is responsible for communicating proposed solutions.
- Leads daily interaction with the Kiln Supervisor and Shift Supervisors to discuss and evaluate kiln performance, finish mill performance, and the resulting impact on overall production. Facilitates operational approach to ensure production goals are met on a daily basis.
- Performs routine process measurements and calculations leading to process optimization.
- Provide technical expertise to diagnose delays in operations leading the efforts toremdy problems by taking appropriate actions to restore correct operating procedures.
- Advise management and operations staff on necessary adjustments and changes to protocols to minimize future incidents.
- Responsible for driving the implementation of corrective action
- Collaborates with the plant Quality Control Department to meet product specifications and productions goals.
- Participates in Department on call schedule
- Understands and administers Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Ensure cost reduction efforts are consistent with the strategic plan.
- Responsible for cost control as well as achieving the maintenance and production cost targets in the kiln and finish grinding department.
- Ensure compliance with plant policies & procedures, safety, environmental, state and federal process regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline is required
- Minimum 3-5 years professional experience in cement manufacturing or related industry or completion of the EIT program
- Solid understanding of chemistry of raw mix, clinker and cement
- Working knowledge and technical competency in the cement manufacturing process, with emphasis in the Kiln, Preheater/Pre-Calciner, RM, CM, and Finish Grinding systems
- Knowledge in refractory and refractory repairs/installations
- Detailed knowledge about process loop tuning and optimization
- Proven strong leadership skills.
- Prior Project Management experience is a plus
- Knowledge of State/county regulations
- Good investment market pricing knowledge and cost awareness
- Proficient with Window based PC software programs, SAP experience is a plus
- Ability to make timely, critical decisions, often under conditions of uncertainty and stress.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of MSHA regulations and guidelines
- Effective time management skills
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to operate in both a team oriented environment and autonomously
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
Health and Safety Manager
<1 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List