Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
773611 Job Summary
Manager, US Compensation and Benefits
Employer Job Id:
June 22, 2012
FLSmidth Mineral Processing
August 21, 2012
Manager, US Compensation and Benefits
- FLSmidth Inc . in Bethlehem, PA, has a position opening for a Manager of U.S. Compensation and Benefits in its Human Resources Department.
- The Manager of U.S. Compensation and Benefits is a hands on position which will focus on the analysis, design, development, implementation and administration of cost-effective compensation and benefits programs to ensure that the programs are aligned with the business objectives and are competitive within the industry. The position is also the primary systems specialist within the HR organization and will ensure the integrity of HR data. This position reports to the Director of Human Resources.
- Oversee the design, implementation and administration of the following plans/programs: base pay/salary, 401(k), health, dental, life and AD&D insurance, wellness, COBRA, disability plans, FMLA, and other compensation and benefit programs ensuring they support the organization’s compensation philosophy and business objectives.
- Develop an effective communication approach to ensure compensation and benefits programs are fully understood by all.
- Monitor benefits usage and trends and recommend plan changes as appropriate to ensure the benefits programs are competitive, cost effective and perceived as valuable to employees.
- Evaluates and compares existing company benefits with those of other employers by analyzing other plans, surveys, and other sources of information. Recommends new plans or improvements to existing plans and uses influence skills to gain approval from management.
- Manages all aspects of employee communication regarding benefits such as preparing announcements, designing information packages, delivering employee overviews, conducting enrollment, and updating plan documents.
- Oversees job analysis, evaluation, and documentation; ensures that jobs are appropriately classified and evaluation methodology and criteria are consistently and objectively applied.
- Facilitate the annual performance appraisal process from a systems perspective including an annual analysis of rating distributions and merit considerations.
- Work with IT resources and Payroll to maintain, develop and coordinate and implement HR related computer systems. Manage the day-to-day operations maintaining the accuracy and integrity of HR systems, create and maintain reports.
- Work with the Finance and Legal teams as required with respect to regulatory, accounting and tax requirements.
- Current knowledge of applicable State/Federal laws dealing with compensation, benefits, HIPAA, and employee privacy.
- Thorough knowledge in the design and implementation of compensation and benefits programs is essential.
- Solid knowledge of computers and software applications including spreadsheet applications, word processing, E-mail, and HRIS programs.
- Ability to write clear, concise routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees in the organization as well as external vendors and carriers.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and pay close attention to detail.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills including problem identification, analysis, action planning and execution.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality through tact and maturity in sensitive situations.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure/ multi-task
- Ability to exercise initiative and judgment as well as make decisions within the scope of assigned authority.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Education and/or Formal Training
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in business administration, Human Resources, finance or other related field and 6-10 years of progressive benefits, compensation and HRIS experience.
- A CCP or CEBS designation is desirable.
- Demonstrated expertise in compensation theory and practices and experience with the design, administration and implementation of salary plans, retirement plans, deferred compensation plans, health and welfare plans, life and disability insurance plans, 401(k) plans, etc.
- Knowledge of legislation that may affect compensation and benefits policies. .
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List