Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
773684 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
June 22, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 21, 2012
- [Company] is a global multi-industry manufacturing leader committed to operational excellence and execution. With operations in over 35 countries with over 17,000 employees, we specialize in a diverse range of products serving various industries including power and energy, process equipment, vehicle diagnostic tools, pharmaceutical, food and beverage and oil and gas.
- We are currently recruiting talent to focus on innovation, expert technology, service and product leadership that will provide critical solutions that help businesses around the globe perform at optimal levels. We hope you will consider joining our dynamic team.
Business Unit Description
- [Company] segment designs, manufactures and markets engineered solutions and products used to process, blend, meter and transport fluids in addition to air and gas filtration and dehydration. Recognized for its leading brands and turnkey systems capability, the Flow Technology segment has global operations which serve the Food & Beverage, Power & Energy and Industrial markets.
- [Company] Houston is a leading manufacturer of industrial valves serving oil and gas, power generation, industrial, and municipal markets worldwide. Our diverse product lines include pumps, valves, closures, and filtration equipment. Recognized for best practices in manufacturing, strategic sales channels, and wide product breadth, we strive to enhance customer satisfaction on a global basis.
- Direct and coordinate activities of assigned departments and personnel engaged in various areas of the Operation in processing materials or manufacturing products, involving full accountability for results in terms of costs, methods, quality and quantity of production, employee safety, operations and personnel. Leads area leaders.
- Reviews production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
- Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
- Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with all environmental and safety policies.
- Resolves worker grievances or submits unsettled grievances to Human Resources Manager for action.
- Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data.
- Manages all hourly employees in the assigned departments. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these units.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems and participating in monthly safety inspections.
- Knowledge of production departments in processing materials or manufacturing products in industrial organization.
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, self-starter, sense of urgency, personable and well organized. Basic PC skills, including experience using MS Word, Excel or equivalent.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or a minimum of ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List