Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
773685 Job Summary
Director of Software Engineering
Employer Job Id:
Elk Grove, IL
June 22, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 21, 2012
Director of Software Engineering
- [Company] is a global multi-industry manufacturing leader committed to operational excellence and execution. With operations in over 35 countries with over 17,000 employees, we specialize in a diverse range of products serving various industries including power and energy, process equipment, vehicle diagnostic tools, pharmaceutical, food and beverage and oil and gas.
- We are currently recruiting talent to focus on innovation, expert technology, service and product leadership that will provide critical solutions that help businesses around the globe perform at optimal levels. We hope you will consider joining our dynamic team.
- At least five years of experience successfully managing a team of software developers
- Effective motivator that can drive the software engineering team to new levels of productivity and performance
- Has a passion for technology and employs creative yet pragmatic thinking in designing and improving the businesses software products
- Previous experience with Java, C++, or other object oriented languages
- Experience with web-based software development, code configuration management, database development and management
- Experience with deploying and developing applications hosted on the Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience and expertise in the development of mobile applications
- Understanding of the best practice processes and tools for developing compelling, easy to user web interfaces
- Understanding of and experience with the life-cycle management of multiple Windows and web-based software products
- Demonstrated success in leading program/project management
- Demonstrated active organization, planning, budget, and resource management skills
- Demonstrated success managing software engineers: coaching, instructing, development, training, and managing marginal performance
Require Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Software Engineering.
- Preferred Experience
- Minimum of 5 years engineering management experience in the design and deployment of software products.
- Strategically manage and facilitate the deployment of the Software Engineering resources to support current and emerging product and technology strategies for SPX Genfare. Provides strategic and technical leadership to the software engineering organization. Driving vision of new and emerging software engineering technologies that increase revenue opportunities for the electronic fare collection market. Provides process expertise to develop requirements-driven software processes consistent with CMM Level 3 process maturity. Seeks and develops best practices for the software engineering organization
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List