Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
773688 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
June 22, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 21, 2012
- [Company] is a global multi-industry manufacturing leader committed to operational excellence and execution. With operations in over 35 countries with over 17,000 employees, we specialize in a diverse range of products serving various industries including power and energy, process equipment, vehicle diagnostic tools, pharmaceutical, food and beverage and oil and gas.
- We are currently recruiting talent to focus on innovation, expert technology, service and product leadership that will provide critical solutions that help businesses around the globe perform at optimal levels. We hope you will consider joining our dynamic team.
- Knowledge of installation, operation, maintenance and repair of other industrial equipment.
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, self-starter, sense of urgency, personable and well organized. Basic PC skills, including experience using MS Word, Excel or equivalent.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to read blue prints.
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff and delegate work assignments.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations; apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis; define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Education and Experience
- BS degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or Food Science and two to three years related experience; or business degree with a minimum five years commensurate experience. Must have prior experience working with customers on technical applications.
- Researches, collects, and reports information on the ability and capacity of company products and competing equipment.
- Aids in the design and development of equipment and systems, and redesign of existing systems to fulfill the needs of customers.
- Modifies or extends written guidelines do not cover all situations and problems.
- Requires many different processes applied to an established function and problem solving unusual circumstances.
- Work with current and prospective sales representatives and customers to establish needs, specifications and possible product modifications for future sales, primarily through telephone and email contact.
- Review blueprints, plans, and other customer documents to develop and prepare cost estimates for client's use of proposed equipment.
- Informs customers of technological improvements and of the advantages to the customer of using the company's products.
- Propose changes in equipment or use of materials which would result in cost reduction or improvement in operations.
- Provide technical services to customers relating to use, operation, and maintenance of equipment.
- Prepare sales quotations and proposals for products, including price and delivery.
- Follow up to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Resolve customer complaints and warranty issues. Handle quality problems that arise in the field in a fair and equitable manner to both the customer and the company.
- Maintain appropriate records as required by sales management and submit required reports regarding market conditions on a regular basis and take part in trade shows as requested by Sales Manager.
- Generate proposals for special and new products that represent an opportunity for the corporation and fall within the corporate strategy and capability. Assist sales with training and customer visits. Partner with sales, distributors, and customer service to provide engineered product solutions.
Business Unit Description
- [Company] segment designs, manufactures and markets engineered solutions and products used to process, blend, meter and transport fluids in addition to air and gas filtration and dehydration. Recognized for its leading brands and turnkey systems capability, the Flow Technology segment has global operations which serve the Food & Beverage, Power & Energy and Industrial markets.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 -5 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List