Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
773701 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
Grove City, PA
June 22, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 21, 2012
- Coordinate with Foreman and Roller Operators to establish roller pattern to achieve density requirements. Safely operate, maintain and calibrate nuclear density gauge daily to meet and exceed compaction specification. This hourly, non-exempt position will work with direct and indirect supervision.
- Communicate hourly with Foreman to identify production goals, production pace, depth required and roller power required to achieve specifications.
- Maintain constant communication with Roller Operators regarding density being achieved to verify that paving speed and rolling speed are in concert; adjust speed accordingly.
- Perform verification cores daily to calibrate nuclear gauge compaction results and lab core compaction results. Adjust roller patterns as required to achieve density criteria.
- Communicate with Bituminous Plant Technicians at asphalt plants on mix characteristics and specific gravity values.
- Perform and package loose box material samples for DOT.
- Perform core drilling and packaging for DOT acceptance.
- Complete and submit all required paperwork for gauge operations.
- Transport, store and maintain nuclear gauge in accordance with NRC regulations.
- Perform laboring assignments on crew when Density Technician duties are complete or not required.
- Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
- Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non-traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
- Safely operate a company vehicle as needed.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisors direction.
- Troxler density gauge 4640, 3440, 3411.
- PennDot Specification 408, specifically sections 309 and 409.
- NRC safety and accident procedures.
- Functions, features and abilities of double drum rollers.
- Amplitude, frequency (VPM) and impact per foot.
- Learn and follow [Company] Company policies and procedures.
- Perform leak tests/gauge calibration.
- Use and understand gauge results for aggregate and hot mix asphalt.
- Communicate effectively and develop relationships with Inspectors, Foreman, and Roller Operators.
- Must have valid driver’s license for the state in which you reside with acceptable driving record per company minimum standards for drivers.
- Must successfully complete PennDOT Flagger Training Course.
- Must obtain Certifications for Necept Bituminous Pavement Field Technician, Nuclear Gauge 8 hour Safety, and HazMat for Nuclear Gauge Transportation.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous paving experience, focused in hot mix field quality control preferred.
- Ability to work in field environments with exposure to dust and inclement weather conditions, extreme heat, noise and a variety of petroleum products.
- Ability to walk and work on uneven terrain.
- Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List