5 Years HSE experience
Previous experience with an open cut mine
HSE Advisor Required
About the Company:
Our client is the second largest mining company in the world. They cover 38 countries and employ over 100,000 staff. Working on both open cut and underground mines this modern organisation are looking to expand their Singleton team.
About the Role:
Health & Safety Superintendant required for a residential role in Singleton for a leading mining company. You will be required to support the whole project and site staff ensuring Health and Safety maintains the key focus throughout the company and on projects. This role is a stepping stone to more senior roles across the organisation. You will implement, maintain and monitor compliance of safety systems.
Your responsibilities will include but is not limited to:
• Developing and manage project schedules in order to achieve leading practice safety goals and objectives
• Coach, influence, mentor to create a safe culture
• Coordinate HSEC data management, analysis and reporting in order to promote continuous improvement
• Create a cohesive team that works to deliver results that support the operations of the mine
• Development and implementation of "systems" used to manage HSEC in order to achieve compliance with legislative requirements, working towards best practice
Working on the Mining sites you will be responsible for ensuring all H&S regulations on site are ahered to.
About the benefits / rewards: Part of the success of our client has been their ability to attract and retain the best staff in industry; they do this by offering above average salary packages and a positive environment to work in. For this particular role the salary is negotiable for the right candidate and will be dependent on previous industry experience. In addition to the salary the successful candidate will also benefit from a healthy bonus as an incentive to do well.
The ideal candidates will possess the following:
Minimum Cert IV OSH
Tickets Required: 1 of working at heights, confined space, rigging or dogman tickets
Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role
Experience the implementation, maintenance and monitoring compliance of safety systems
Experience in managing contractor and subcontractor safety
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa.