Chief Operating Officer
Our client is seeking an experienced Chief Operating Officer to lead the Underground Mining Operation and to deliver on the corporate goals of this brand new Mining Operation. In this role you will report directly into the Vice President and have the following direct reports General Manager Mining,Engineering Manager, HR Manager, HSE Manager and Administration Manager. They will form the management team for delivering the Mining Plan under your leadership.
As Chief Operating Officer you will be responsible for:
• Be responsible for the successful operation of this geographically remote mining project and achieve high quality standards consistently
• Ensure the operation operates with the highest level of safety and statutory compliance and within the OHS and E policies.
• Provide leadership that is consistent with the organisational values and culture
• Ensure all sites produce to agreed production and quality parameters
• Contribute to the development of strategies to grow and improve the business
• Manage costs and appreciate the impact of lack of cost control on margins
• Lead and manage to ensure all operations are adequately resourced to create a safe, productive,cost conscious, caring and collaborative workplace, with a strong work ethic and corporate culture
• Conduct training and performance evaluation and provide coaching support for Site Managers.
• Ensure all Sites comply with Company policies and procedures
To be successful in this role you will have:-
- MUST HAVE Mandarin or Cantonese Speaking ability
- Tertiary qualifications in a Mine Engineering or Mineral Processing
- +10 years of experience in managing mine technical services, mine production and mineral processing;
- Significant Underground Hard Rock Mining Experience
- Asia Mining Industry Exposure
- High availability, team focussed with a strong influential capacity
- Good interpersonal relations at all levels.