WORK WITH GREAT PEOPLE. ACCOMPLISH GREAT THINGS. CREATE YOUR CAREER PATH.
At Canadian Natural, we are proud of the achievements of our people.
Our goal has always been to run our business and run it well, executing on our projects and creating value for our shareholders. That is what we have focused on for the past twenty years, and it is what we continue to focus on. Today the efforts of over 5000 employees have helped us become a leading senior oil and gas exploration and production company.
Horizon Oil Sands
Horizon Oil Sands is an exciting part of our growth. Full production capacity for Phase 1 is 110,000 bbl/d of fully upgraded, light, sweet synthetic crude oil. We will see incremental production gains throughout the completion of future expansion and debottlenecking, with targeted full facility capacity of approximately 250,000 bbl/d. Further phases of expansion will bring the ultimate capacity to 500,000 bbl/d.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS
See our Candidate Information Guide at www.cnrl-candidate-info.com to learn about our competitive compensation plan and much more!
The Electrical Coordinator will utilize Horizon site knowledge and experience to provide support to Phase 2/3 Major Projects for the integration of new electrical systems with the existing electrical systems on the Horizon site, specifically the Electronic Daily Management System (EDMS) and the Electric Heat Tracing (EHT) systems.
This role will provide real strategic exposure as well as the opportunity to have a direct influence on the Horizon product. Utilizing state of the art technology to coordinate complex integrated networks, this role will provide a challenge and a real chance to develop your experience and technical expertise.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Oversee high voltage EDMS architecture and configuration to incorporate the needs from each Phase 2/3 Major project into the existing site-wide EDMS network
• Perform power distribution analysis to incorporate the needs from each Phase 2/3 Major project
• Manage EHT network and Remote Instrument Building (RIB) workstation configuration for each Phase 2/3 Major project
• Oversee EDMS network integrity, including load testing and ensuring redundant paths
• Interface with the appropriate people in each of the Phase 2/3 Major Projects to determine their electrical requirements and timing
• Develop a schedule and work closely with Horizon Site Operations and Maintenance to coordinate the integration of each of the Phase 2/3 Major Projects electrical systems
• Work with the appropriate people in each of the Phase 2/3 Major Projects on site to ensure their systems are functioning as expected and that there are no issues with the electrical systems
• Develop electrical system performance parameters and monitor these
• Be familiar with and apply Canadian Natural’s policies, standards, specifications and practices as they pertain to electrical systems and networks on the Horizon Site
• Typically 10+ years of related industry experience with Engineering Degree or Certified Electrical Technologist
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o Working in a large industrial facility or EPC
o Working at the Horizon site
o On-site and field work in coordination with Operations
o Project design and execution
o High voltage power distribution and the GE EDMS
o Low voltage power distribution
o EHT monitoring systems hardware and software
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.