Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
774376 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
June 24, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 21, 2012
Our client is a leading international provider of consulting services to the energy, oil and gas, and mining sectors. The firm is recognized for delivering outstanding project delivery for major clients around the world. Their environmental engineering division is composed of highly qualified and experienced professionals who deliver innovative and cost-effective solutions in Environmental Impact Assessment, Contaminated Sites, Water Resources, Geotechnical Engineering, Waste Management, Water & Wastewater Treatment, and Marine and Infrastructure Engineering to clients across the world.
Project focus includes:Phase 1 and 2 environmental site assessments, soil and groundwater monitoring, groundwater modelling, geochemistry, risk assessment, ex situ and in situ remediation, and environmental liability management. If you are a Senior Hydrogeologist with proven leadership and project management expertise in the above specialties with experience in the Oil & Gas sector then this is your opportunity to join one of the best firms in the industry.
- As the Senior Hydrogeologist, your duties could include the following:
- Project Management and strategic planning of field programs ranging from shallow and deep monitoring well installations to groundwater pumping tests to advanced geochemical data collection
- Analysing soil and groundwater data and developing conceptual site models;
- Preparation and presentation to clients of technical correspondence, project proposals, technical reports, work plans, and project specifications including cost estimates, budgets, and project schedules;
- Interpretation of environmental regulations and investigation results to successfully meet client requirements;
- Environmental and social impact assessments and audits
- Environmental management, planning and regulatory compliance
- Environmental site assessment, remediation and reclamation
- Environmental monitoring
- Hydrology and hydrotechnical engineering
- Overburden characterization and oil sands delineation
- Liaison and negotiation with regulatory bodies;
- Liaison with clients to ensure customer satisfaction and aid in business development;
- Providing technical guidance to and mentoring junior staff;
- Delivering high quality work products and reports to clients throughout western Canada and internationally
- Contributing to the continued growth of the inter-disciplinary Contaminated Sites Group.
- 10-15 years experience in Contaminant Hydrogeology
- University degree in Hydrogeology, Environmental Engineering, Geology or related discipline
- Masters Degree is an asset
- Professional designation (P.Eng or P.Geo) in the province of Alberta is required
- Proven experience in project management leading environmental and engineering teams
- Excellent knowledge of Alberta environmental standards and regulatory requirements
- Extensive projects experience in the Oil & Gas and Mining sectors is preferred
- Must have experience managing client relationships
- Strong team mentoring and coaching skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List