Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
774463 Job Summary
Project Manager III (Chemical)
Employer Job Id:
June 23, 2012
Registrant - Log In to see Company Name
August 22, 2012
Project Manager III (Chemical)
To be Considered Candidates:
- Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
- This position establishes an execution framework on a project that complies with the contract and ensures the safety, quality, value, timeliness, and [Company] profitability of the completed project. Principle Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plans and executes project management responsibilities on a medium sized, moderate risk EPC or services project or on an assigned segment of a larger project, including coordination of design, procurement, and construction activities.
- Develops a complete understanding of the contract and any relevant subcontracts in order to provide full support to the project management team while working on segments of larger projects.
- Directs execution of all aspects of the project in accordance with the scope of the contract, and develops a complete understanding of the relevant subcontracts
- Establishes and maintains project requirements for safety, quality, and productivity are met in all locations managed by [Company] where project work is being performed.
- Establishes and defines the project organization, the project staffing requirements, and coordinates staffing with supporting organization managers.
- Provides strong, effective and decisive project leadership and establishes an execution framework to provide the quality, value, timeliness, and profitability of the total project execution (EPCM, commissioning, startup, and operations as appropriate to the project scope).
- Establishes and maintains effective client relations to achieve active cooperation, prompt payment, and stimulate the desire to award follow-on work.
- Establishes and maintains operationally consistent work processes that enable work sharing to be effectively executed between multiple offices and construction sites.
- Establishes and maintains an efficient and cost-effective project environment.
- Provides an environment for the development and professional advancement of project personnel, including providing on-the-job and formal training and development opportunities.
- Understanding of project controls and finance including scheduling, progress measurement, risk assessment, code of accounts, work breakdown structure, change management, cost control and estimating process and planning.
- Compliance with all applicable policies, procedures and global standards.
- Travels to attend business related matters.
- Meets expectations on attendance and punctuation.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Generally favorable indoor office workspace 2. On-site project workspace which may include moving, mechanical parts and vibration; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and various levels of outside weather requiring the proper use of PPE
Qualifications and Experience:
- Accredited 4-year degree/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in applicable field of study is recommended
- Eight (8) years of work-related experience
- Requires a minimum of 6 years of project management experience
- Project or unit management experience in international locations and diverse cultural environments is recommended.
- Successful completion of multiple project assignments in any significant role, at least one of which must include a medium or large-sized project
- A Project Management career path can be completed by persons without engineering or technical degrees, but requirements for office and field project experience will be longer and more stringent in order to assure technical understanding of the needs of the project and the client.
- Design, Engineering, Procurement, Material Management, Construction and Commissioning, work processes, sequencing and interfaces
Project Controls and Finance including understanding of:
- Scheduling (including manpower loading)
- Progress Measurement
- Risk Assessment and management
- Code of Accounts
- Work Breakdown Structure
- Change Management
- Cost Control
- Estimating process and planning
- Appreciation of key elements of Contract Law
- Regulatory Requirements including Permitting
- Project Funding
Necessary Project Management Attributes:
- Demonstrates Innovation, initiative, maturity, and sound judgment
- Initiative and independence- self driven with little need for day to day supervision
- Proactive – goal orientated with the initiative to influence events positively
- Ability to resolve complex problems and to be comfortable in complex project or business environments
- Ability to think and work rapidly
- Mobility – for example, relocating to site locations when necessary
- Adaptability- ability to maintain effectiveness in changing circumstances
- Stress tolerance- ability to maintain performance and remain calm under pressure
- Client Focus – ability to understand client’s business needs and respond to them without compromising [Company] integrity or profitability.
Other Job Requirements
- Basic computer and software skills to include the use of word processing, email, spreadsheets and electronic presentations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to make significant presentations to senior [Company] and client management
- Ability to work in detail while in a time and cost effective manner
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List