Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
774474 Job Summary
Mgr, MR/HD Engines Distributor Field Service Engineer
Employer Job Id:
Salt Lake City, UT
June 23, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 22, 2012
Mgr, MR/HD Engines Distributor Field Service Engineer
- The Manager- Mid Range/Heavy Duty Engines Distributor Field Service Engineer (MR/HD DFSE) has safety, employee, customer satisfaction, and business/financial responsibilities within branch operations. In addition, the position is responsible for managing, organizing, directing and supporting [Company] MR/HD DFSE’s. The manager is also required to support a regional territory of Utah, Nevada, and Montana as described below in the DFSE responsibilities
- Know, follow, lead, and enforce all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, and fully participate in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Technical resource to all [Company] branches for all engine platforms. This includes providing diagnostic guidance, and conducting technical research for customer issues that cannot be resolved through the use of standard troubleshooting trees.
- [Company] liaison with[Company] . Service Engineering and the Factory DFSE in difficult diagnostic processes. DFSE is also responsible for identification of regional product issues and communication to the appropriate service organization and document the issues in a manner that allows[Company] . to understand the failure mechanism and conduct appropriate cause and correction activity. This is typically done with a Product Incident Report, but may occasionally include other technical reports.
- Provides the CRM service network with key product information that relates to product issues, diagnostic methods, and product changes that may impact our ability to properly support our customers.
- Responsible for conducting diagnostic investigations and failure analysis reviews as necessary for our branches and customers. The person also provides communication to the branches and customers on findings and corrective action methods.
- Responsible for assisting[Company] . with new product introductions.
- Identifies diagnostic shortfalls in our service support network and provides guidance to improve the technicians diagnostic capability.
- Supports the [Company] Sales staff with specific customer functions or seminars in providing operation and maintenance of [Company] products.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and co-workers.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Stay apprised of new techniques relevant to the work being performed; achieve and maintain technical competency.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering field.
- Minimum of three years’ experience with [Company] engines.
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to perform in-depth problem investigations.
- Must be proficient in understanding diesel combustion theory and various air and fluid systems of [Company] products.
- Must be competent at using [Company] Electronic Service tools
- Must be capable of learning new computer based diagnostic software including [Company] Calterm.
- Must have excellent customer support skills and be a leading customer advocate.
- Individual should be a decision maker, with excellent written communication and interpersonal skills that include the ability to communicate at all levels
- -Individual with strong problem solving skills and ability to carry out technical investigations
- Strong sense of integrity, honesty & sincerity in every aspect of your work.
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills
- Highly motivated person with a positive can do attitude
- Ability to work on several things at once; detail-oriented; organized and methodical. Judgment and good decision-making skills are required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Individual with strong computer skills (PC programs – Word, Excel, etc.; [Company] applications – INSITE, Lotus Notes, etc.)
- Must be able to follow Company procedures and standard operating procedures
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and have a positive attitude and rapport with others
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within deadlines
- Must be able to lead, manage, and work with others in a team environment
- Must have a record of good attendance and performance at prior jobs
Candidate must meet all eligibility requirements to drive a Company Service vehicle, including but not limited to:
- Must have a current, valid driver's license issued by the state in which they reside
- Must have current motor vehicle liability insurance
- No convictions for any driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs charges (DUI) within prior 5 years
- No greater than three (3) moving violations within prior 12 month period
- No greater than 2 avoidable accidents on MVR within prior 3 years
- Candidate must be able to pass pre-employment drug testing and meet all physical requirements for the position
- If selected, candidates must consider this position as primary employment and hold no other jobs with this Company’s competitors, customers, or suppliers
- Employee lifts/carries 25 pounds up to 2/3 of the time and up to 50 pounds no more than 1/3 of the time
- Must be able to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms over 2/3 of the time.
- Must be able to walk, climb and balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl up to 2/3 of the time
- Must have close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
- Work environment is loud with noise from forklift or other equipment.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Protective Glasses, Protective Gloves, Protective Footwear as required.
[Company] is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, disability or any other status protected by state or local law. It is [Company] intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List