We are looking for a Senior Reservoir Engineer to work for a mid size oil and gas operating company based in Sydney, The role will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to work with an industry leading team across a diverse portfolio of assets including both conventional and unconventional oil and gas. The main purpose of the role is to provide reservoir engineering expertise for conventional oil and gas field development as well as being a key player in the team for unconventional resource appraisal and development of tight gas and shale gas. Responsibilities will include;
- Maximise full life- cycle value of assets by identifying, pursuing, maturing and delivering hydrocarbon opportunities in Cooper/Eromanga basin
- Develop and maintain dynamic reservoir simulation models, including integrating all seismic, geological, petrophysical, and production data , incorporating facilities processing capacities and constraints.
- Provide Operational reservoir engineering input ( including Production Forecasting, Well Testing analysis, PVT and SCAL analysis, Well and Reservoir Surveillance, Well proposal , etc?), and work as part of the technical team to develop and mature brown field new H/C opportunities ( workovers, side tracks, stimulation, water and gas shut offs, re-completions, hydraulic fraccing, artificial lift, etc) to extend field life and maximise asset value
- Define and deliver development and appraisal well proposals with supporting value of information analysis using different reservoir modelling tools
- Provide an expert input for hydraulic fracture stimulation modelling, design, implementation, and post frac analysis for Tight gas /Shale gas appraisal and development opportunities
- Provide an expert input for Improved and Enhanced Oil Recovery application for fields
- Support Annual Reserves evaluation and reporting to SPE/PRMS reporting standards.
- Represent and promote JV?s technical position and license interests.
Suitable applicants will have;
- Relevant tertiary qualification, preferably in Petroleum Engineering
- Minimum 8 years experience
- Experience with both conventional and unconventional oil and gas highly regarded
- Cooper/Eromanga basin experience highly desirable
A salary range of $180,000 - $240,000 is available for this role depending on skills and experience.