Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
776184 Job Summary
HSE Technician II
Employer Job Id:
June 26, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 25, 2012
HSE Technician II
To be Considered Candidates:
- Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located and be able to interview on site.
Overall Purpose of Job:
- The purpose of this position is to assist and support the Company’s HSE professionals with their objective of creating and sustaining a productive work culture and safe work environment in order to avoid and minimizing HSE related problems. These problems include but are not limited to human injury, environmental degradation and unsafe working conditions/practices. This is done through health, safety and environmental training, programs, and processes with a visible and uncompromised commitment to the protection of the environment as well as the productivity of the Company’s employees.
Primary Job Duties/Functions:
- Operates as an assistant to an HSE specialist on a project or contract in the field or office
- Performs assigned tasks following established Company procedures
- Develops a working knowledge of the Company’s HSE standards, programs and goals by learning and applying HSE procedures as established by the Company through departmental training on a project site or in an office.
- Promotes and fosters HSE standards and goals with programs throughout the Company and/or project to ensure a safe and productive work environment
- Follows established, written HSE procedures and techniques using equipment as designated by the appropriate supervisor in order to assist in work activities like maintaining HSE-specific project files on testing for substance abuse, collecting environmental or health samples, or providing personal protective equipment to project personnel
- Assists higher level HSE staff in conducting surveys, evaluations, inspections, and investigations of incidents and activities
- Gathers data as directed by supervisor to be used to monitor and track HSE standards, programs and goals
- Other related duties/functions may be assigned
- On-site project workspace of various conditions which may include temporary office facilities and exposure to moving, mechanical parts and vibration; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and various levels of outside weather and/or
- Generally favorable indoor office workspace
Basic Job Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent diploma
- Two (2) years HSE experience
Other Job Requirements
Effective communication skills
Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
- Two (2) years college preferred (unspecified degree)
- Basic computer and software skills to include the use of word processing and email as well as the basic use of spreadsheets
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List