Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
776278 Job Summary
Process Improvement Master Trainer, BEx
Employer Job Id:
Salt Lake City, UT
June 26, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 25, 2012
Process Improvement Master Trainer, BEx
- [Company] , a wholly owned subsidiary of[Company] , is a global leader in the commercial explosives industry. We provide blasting solutions and quality explosives products throughout North America and Australia, as well as selected customers in the Asia Pacific region. Due to continued results and world-leading innovation, customers in the mining, quarry, construction, pipeline and geophysical exploration industries choose[Company] .
Responsible for the following:
- Act as a consultant and provide support / coaching to site SSC’s for the selection, appointment and training of internal BEx Trainers on the methods and processes to enable BEx training deployment across sites/plants to the agreed implementation schedule and plan.
- Work with the BEx Trainers as their mentor and coach providing support throughout the deployment activities with the view to improving operational effectiveness and delivering on agreed targets.
- Manage the Train the Trainer and Master Trainer Certification program across the sites.
- Configure CCI training materials to align with IPL desired requirements (i.e. working with Best Practice Leaders and certified trainers).
- Deliver specialist training programs.
- Be integral in establishing a Company culture that drives improved business performance through continually assessing and building BEx capability in-house to ensure sustainability over the long-term.
- Ensure compliance with applicable HSE Performance Standards, objectives and as well as acts, and regulations and the commitment to achieving Zero Harm through behavioral based safety leadership.
- Change Management:
- Work closely with BEx Trainers, Master BEx Facilitator, HR Business Partners, Implementation Task Force Teams and Site Steering Committees (as required) to consistently drive change through a focus on continuous improvement.
- Develop/customize the BEx Trainers’ training program (certification process) through identifying training requirements based on the skills, knowledge and experience of the selected BEx Trainers.
- Facilitate other BEx training workshops, when required, to support BEx Trainers with site/function deployment schedule.
- Deliver the initial training program to the selected BEx Trainers (ie Train the Trainer), building confidence and capability to deliver BEx training nominated at sites/plants.
- Certify Trainers at completion of program and provide on-going support and mentoring to the BEx Trainers.
- Assess and monitor BEx Trainers and training effectiveness and develop systematic solutions to address effectiveness gaps.
- BEx Training Logistics:
- Working with Site Implementation Task Force Teams coordinate the BEx Trainers’ rosters/availability in accordance with site/plant training schedules and deployment activities.
- Provide BEx input as required for internal communications for key stakeholders, particularly in relation to key messaging, language and tone appropriateness and communication method/tools.
- Prepare reports and communicate updates as required on BEx deployment status, progress and outcomes using nominated Company business systems.
- Proactively establish and manage the BEx Trainers’ network – Asset management and encourage sharing of materials, methods, challenges and ideas.
- Working collaboratively within a number of teams at site/region/program level, be an active and constructive contributor.
- Decision Making Authority:
- BEx Training standards and delivery method within an agreed framework.
- Make recommendations on effectiveness/performance of BEx Trainers.
- Establishing role credibility and securing buy-in from Site Management.
- Supporting a potentially broad (geographically dispersed) group of part-time BEx Trainers.
- Managing training logistics to meet multiple Site/Plant Training requirements simultaneously.
- Technical Capabilities
- Experience: Demonstrated experience as a trainer or coach of technical skills/procedures and processes and team effectiveness. Prior experience in lean techniques would be advantageous, but not an absolute requirement.
- Experience: Demonstrated ability to lead/drive workplace change.
- Technical: Knowledge of manufacturing business systems.
- Technical: Computer literacy. Intermediate Microsoft Office capability.
- Technical: Extensive Project Management skills and experience.
- Education: Appropriate formal qualification is preferred although not essential.
- Position will require extensive travel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship skills (influencing, consulting, teamwork, empowerment, managing conflict/resolution).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills in facilitation training.
- Experience in designing program material.
- Ability to think strategically and apply a ‘helicopter-view’, whilst being comfortable in the detail.
- Skilled in building strong internal customer relationships, often described as a coach or mentor to others.
- Be a Change Agent focused on driving improvement within the business.
- Knowledge of Lean Management principles.
- Results orientated approach and track record of overachieving.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Specific Role Competency
- You will be required to achieve Certification as a Master Trainer within 6 months (Training and Development will be provided).
Work Environment and Physical Conditions:
- Ability to wear and care for applicable personal protective equipment (such as, safety glasses and shoes, respirator, hard hat and ear protection, safety harness) as required by site-specific requirements.
- At [Company] we believe our people are our most valuable resource, and encourage those that show the ability and desire, to grow. We place great importance on fostering learning and development at all levels and believe in providing a clear career path for all our staff.
- An attractive salary package is on offer commensurate on experience and expertise.
- Please note: As a courtesy, current employees must notify their current Line Manager of their intention to apply.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
16 - 20 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List