Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
776682 Job Summary
Mining / Civil Estimator
Employer Job Id:
June 28, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 25, 2012
Mining / Civil Estimator
Mining / Civil Estimator (#220698)
Our client is a highly regarded civil construction company with hundreds of employees working across the world. Working often in remote locations, our client offers unique, on the job, experiences and opportunities to build exciting careers. Their multi-disciplined teams provide a comprehensive array of services and innovative solutions to the most challenging and remote sites. Our client's core values of: Safety - Integrity - Teamwork - Respect for Cultural Diversities and for Communities & Environment; are reflective of our reputation as a safe, cost-effective and innovative operator.
We have a strategic opportunity available for an Estimator based in Edmonton, AB.
Scope of Work:
- Reporting to the Chief Estimator, the Estimator will develop estimate packages, proposals and successful bid strategies;
- The successful candidate will have excellent personal and communication skills, both written and verbal, along with excellent interpersonal abilities and willingness to work in a team atmosphere;
- A high degree of problem solving and decision making skills are essential.
- Prepare professional quality proposal documentation;
- Solicit vendor quotations for tenders and proposals;
- Prepare and submit Request For Quotation (RFQ)'s from vendors and subcontractors;
- Evaluate construction and mining methodologies to determine recommended best solutions based on cost, quality, and availability of materials;
- Review all estimate packages to ensure accuracy and completeness;
- Provide guidance on services, procedures, and methods for the timely and accurate response to client and management requests;
- Review and analyze actual project costing and production information against estimates, and develop historical databases;
- Coordinate schedules, cost control and contract management;
- Occasional travel to project sites as required;
- Produce accurate reporting;
- Use Estimating software.
- A minimum of 5 years of estimating or related experience;
- Civil or Mining Engineering degree desirable;
- Knowledge and expertise with cost estimating processes and standards;
- Previous experience in the Arctic an asset;
- Experience with computer based Estimating systems and Heavy Bid software an asset;
- Material Take Off and Quantity Surveying experience an asset.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List