Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
776686 Job Summary
Lead Electrical Engineer
Employer Job Id:
June 28, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 26, 2012
Lead Electrical Engineer
Lead Electrical Engineer (#241724)
As a result of continued growth and diversification, our client has a challenging opportunity within their Edmonton office for a Lead Electrical/Power Systems Engineer who is experienced in all aspects of industrial power system design and implementation.
This technical position requires current hands-on experience with a wide range of industrial power system solutions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead Electrical Design of power distribution systems including 25kV, 13.8kV and 4.16kV switchgear;
- Specification of 4.16kV/600V MCCs and variable frequency drives;
- Project scope definition and capital cost estimating;
- Preparation of equipment and construction specifications;
- Load flow, short circuit, coordination studies and arc flash hazard analysis;
- Design of electrical substations and ground grid systems;
- Design/Review of schematics, SLDs, cable trays and cable selection;
- Design and application of protective schemes for power distribution systems;
- Preparation of inspections and testing plans;
- Distribution system commissioning;
- Construction support and commissioning assistance;
- Operating plant project execution and co-ordination;
- QA/QC for your team.
- Candidates must have a degree in electrical engineering from a recognized university;
- Be eligible for membership with the Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists and Geophysicists of Alberta (APEGGA);
- Have minimum 5 years' experience in the design of industrial power distribution systems;
- Proficiency with client interface, fiscal responsibility and adherence to project schedule, budget and manpower planning;
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and the use of ETAP power system analysis software is an asset.
- Design of Industrial Power Distribution Systems (Must Have)
- Electrical (Must Have)
- ETAP Power System Analysis Software (Must Have)
- 25kV, 13.8kV and 4.16kV switchgear systems (Must Have)
- Load Flow, Short Circuit, arc flash hazard analysi (Must Have)
- Lead Experience (Must Have)
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List