Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
776744 Job Summary
Facilities Electrical Specialist
Employer Job Id:
August 23, 2012
Canadian Natural Resources
September 20, 2012
Facilities Electrical Specialist
Canadian Natural is one of the largest independent crude oil and natural gas producers
in the world.
Stock Savings Plan
Annual Bonus Program
Work with great people
How many companies have FUN in the mission statement?
Accomplish great things
Be part of a dynamic work environment that is always changing - contribute your
ideas and make your mark!
Create your career path
We’re growing - grow with us!
Every employee shares in company success through stock ownership & stock options!
For Fort McMurray
- Company Sponsored
- Fly In / Fly Out Allowance
and Site Accommodations
WORK WITH GREAT PEOPLE. ACCOMPLISH GREAT THINGS. CREATE YOUR CAREER PATH.
At Canadian Natural, we are proud of the achievements of our people.
Our goal has always been to run our business and run it well, executing on our projects and creating value for our shareholders. That is what we have focused on for the past twenty years, and it is what we continue to focus on. Today the efforts of over 5000 employees have helped us become a leading senior oil and gas exploration and production company.
Canadian Natural is one of the largest heavy crude oil producers in North America and one of the largest natural gas producers in Western Canada. Our phenomenal growth has been based on a balanced approach to exploration and acquisitions, combined with an emphasis on cost-effective exploitation.
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES – BENEFITS!
See our Candidate Information Guide at www.cnrl-candidate-info.com to learn about our competitive compensation plan and much more!
The Facilities Electrical Specialist will manage a variety of small to large electrical construction projects by being responsible for ensuring all projects are initiated and executed in a safe, accurate, timely and in compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements. You will be the electrical technical expert for Field Operations and Facilities in a dedicated geographical area of our operations in Western Canada.
• On projects where unique electrical designs are required or where an engineering and procurement firm (EP) has been selected to do the civil/mechanical/piping work, you will direct the work of the EP in the design and equipment procurement for electrical facilities and coordinate site construction through onsite Field Construction Coordinators
• Coordinate the construction/modification of electrical facilities. Use your experience to mark up existing drawings, procure equipment, organize electrical contractors and schedule the work. Redline the as-built drawing collection, track from the field construction electrical contractor and distribute to Canadian Natural’s drafting department, as well as distributing final corrected as-built drawings and tracking back to field locations
• Specify medium and low voltage equipment for procurement by EPs or directly by Canadian Natural, plus advise Field Operations and other Facilities team members on equipment selection as required
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Enhance productivity by efficiently managing construction resources and schedules while ensuring adherence to development goals and equipment specifications standards
• Promote innovation by providing solutions that reduce construction, operating and maintenance costs for new and existing infrastructure
• Complete projects on time and on budget and working with production engineers, field operations, surface land staff and contractors
• Solve Field Operations electrical problems by using your communication and analytical skills to seek out root causes
• Ensure that operational experience has been incorporated and facilities are user-friendly and safe to operate
• Typically 10+ years of related project/facilities industry experience with appropriate certification in an electrical discipline which could include post-secondary training as a Journeyman Electrician, Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology, or a BSc in Electrical Engineering
• Working knowledge of applicable Guidelines, Directives and Regulations with regards to the Environment, Safety, Canadian Electrical Code, and the Alberta Safety Codes Act.
• Proficiency with Microsoft word-processing and spreadsheet applications
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited - CNRL - is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List