Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
777201 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
June 27, 2012
August 26, 2012
Lehigh Hanson is seeking a Process Engineer for our Waco, TX location.
- Lehigh Hanson is one of the world's largest suppliers of heavy building materials to the construction industry. We produce aggregates (crushed rock, sand and gravel), ready-mixed and precast concrete, asphalt, cement and cement-related materials and a range of building products including concrete pipes, concrete pavers, tiles and clay bricks.
- We are part of the HeidelbergCement Group , which employs 53,000 people across five continents and has leading positions in concrete and heavy building products and is the global leader in aggregates.
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the Kiln Pyro Process, raw materials, fuel preparation, Raw Mill system and the Finish Mill systems.
- Review and analyze operations data to evaluate and recommend changes for efficient and continuous operation.
- Ensures management is aware of trends and operational issues in a timely manner and is responsible for communicating proposed solutions.
- Leads daily interaction with the Plant Manager and Shift Supervisors to discuss and evaluate kiln performance, finish mill performance, raw mill performance and the resulting impact on overall production.
- Facilitates operational approach to ensure production goals are met on a daily basis.
- Performs routine process measurements and calculations leading to process optimization.
- Provide technical expertise to diagnose delays in operations leading the efforts to remedy problems by taking appropriate actions to restore correct operating procedures.
- Advise management and operations staff on necessary adjustments and changes to protocols to minimize future incidents.
- Responsible for driving the implementation of corrective action
- Collaborates with the plant Quality Control Department to meet product specifications and productions goals.
- Participates in Department on call schedule
- Understands and administers Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Ensure cost reduction efforts are consistent with the strategic plan.
- Responsible for cost control as well as achieving the maintenance and production cost targets in the kiln and finish grinding department.
- Ensure compliance with plant policies & procedures, safety, environmental, state and federal process regulations.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline is required
- Minimum 3-5 years professional experience in cement manufacturing or related industry or completion of the EIT program
- Solid understanding of chemistry of raw mix, clinker and cement
- Working knowledge and technical competency in the cement manufacturing process, with emphasis in the Kiln, Preheater, RM, CM, and Finish Grinding systems
- Knowledge in refractory and refractory repairs/installations
- Detailed knowledge about process loop tuning and optimization
- Proven strong leadership skills.
- Prior Project Management experience is a plus
- Knowledge of State/county regulations
- Good investment market pricing knowledge and cost awareness
- Proficient with Window based PC software programs, SAP experience is a plus
- Ability to make timely, critical decisions, often under conditions of uncertainty and stress.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of MSHA regulations and guidelines
- Effective time management skills
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to operate in both a team oriented environment and autonomously
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
< 1 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List