Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
777202 Job Summary
Plants Manager I
Employer Job Id:
June 27, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 26, 2012
Plants Manager I
Building a career at[Company] , may be the most valuable thing you could do…
Since 1922 [Company] has built some of America’s largest infrastructure projects; highways, bridges, dams, rail, power and other “heavy civil” projects. Additionally, many of our offices provide high quality concrete, asphalt and gravel products for the construction industry. At[Company] , we believe that our greatest asset is our people. We build careers by encouraging creativity and providing opportunities for development. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability and Citizenship. Are we right for you, are you right for us? Why not find out!!
- This position is responsible for developing, managing, and maintaining profitable, efficient, safe, and environmentally compliant Construction Materials operations.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Plan, direct and supervise plant workers associated with the mining, processing, stockpiling, loading and distribution of aggregates, or related construction materials, to ensure optimum long-term profitability.
- Estimate cost of materials including accurately reading plan specifications to ensure precision in internal and/or external quotes.
- Determine manpower levels, inventory quantities, equipment, and work schedules to ensure plant is optimally ran.
- Develop and manage P&L budgets for material operations to ensure corporate financial goals are achieved.
- Perform weekly safety meetings with employees to ensure corporate safety standards are maintained.
- Analyze material production and cost reports to ensure production and financial goals are met.
- Develop and maintain relationships with owners, the local community, local unions and other representatives to promote [Company] long-term interests.
- Coordinate work requirements with equipment and construction departments to ensure project timelines are met.
- Manage, mentor and train the plant staff to ensure we attract, develop and retain the very best talent in the industry. This includes but is not limited to, staffing, compensation and performance management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mining, Mechanical, Civil), Construction Management or equivalent work experience preferred
- 5+ years’ work experience in a construction materials environment
- 2+ years management experience
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Proven knowledge of the construction materials business and experience in hot mix asphalt and aggregate plants
- Mechanical knowledge of construction material processing plants and heavy equipment preferred
- Ability to accurately assess the current financial status and forecast the monthly, quarterly, yearly and final results of materials operations
- Strong consultative and communication skills and ability to interface effectively with all levels of management
- Ability to properly manage and prioritize resources, people and projects
- Sound decision making ability with the experience to balance consensus against authority as appropriate
- Team player, with strong leadership skills, who can operate effectively within a matrix management environment
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated ability to provide creative solutions to real-time challenges
- Ability to work in high production environment and respond quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines
- Demonstrated proficiency of MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong written and oral communication skills to effectively disseminate information
- Thorough knowledge of union jurisdiction and labor agreements as applicable to the materials business
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment
- Ability and willingness to abide by [Company] Code of Conduct on a daily basis
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive for extended periods of time
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List