Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
777207 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
June 27, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 26, 2012
Since 1922 [Company] has built some of America’s largest infrastructure projects; highways, bridges, dams, rail, power and other “heavy civil” projects. Additionally, many of our offices provide high quality concrete, asphalt and gravel products for the construction industry. At[Company] , we believe that our greatest asset is our people. We build careers by encouraging creativity and providing opportunities for development. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability and Citizenship.
- This position is responsible for assisting and supporting the Business Manager and/or Office Manager in performing multiple administrative and accounting functions to ensure efficient, cost effective and professional office operations.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Responsible for assisting and performing day-to-day administrative and accounting functions of the business unit to ensure accurate, efficient, and timely processes.
- Perform various daily, weekly, and monthly administrative functions and process all or some of the following: payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, material billings, equipment reporting, fuel reconciliation, and document control to ensure accuracy and timely completion in accordance with established procedures and compliance with Company policy, General Accepted Accounting Principles, and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Perform credit and collection efforts in accordance to policy to ensure accurate and timely receivables; including filing of preliminary notices.
- Analyze timekeeping and payroll processes to ensure accuracy and adherence to Union and Non-Union agreements.
- Provide accurate and timely communication to the Business Manager and/or Office Manager on relevant issues to ensure key information is disseminated.
- Assist field operations with informational inquiries to ensure productive work environment.
- Assist with internal audits and self-audits of all administrative functions to ensure that established internal controls are followed to maintain compliance with [Company] policies and procedures, including all Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Assist other functional leaders with administrative functions including Human Resources, Equipment, Safety, Estimating, and Construction Materials to ensure efficiency and accuracy.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of associates degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field
- Work Experience
- 2-3 years administrative/office experience required
- Minimum of 1 year accounting/payroll experience required
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Ability to understand company operations, organizational procedures, and personnel.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Work, etc.)
- Must demonstrate ethical and professional business practices.
- Must have excellent and efficient verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and respond with a sense of urgency as required.
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills.
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne (E1) (preferred).
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
- Prior experience in construction industry preferred
- Team player
- Ability to abide by [Company] Code of Conduct on a daily basis
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
Health and Safety Manager
<1 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List