Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
777215 Job Summary
Senior Financial Analyst
Employer Job Id:
June 27, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 26, 2012
Senior Financial Analyst
- Assumes a primary role assisting in the preparation of complex financial analysis and reporting along with managing day to day activities in AR and Payroll along with the month-end close. Draws upon extensive experience to complete other projects requiring individual initiative, flexibility, and tight timeframes with minimal supervision.
Education And/or Experience:
- Responsible for performing day-to-day general ledger accounting, financial reporting and analysis for assigned functional areas.
- Responsible for AR, Payroll and other functional areas as needed.
- Assist with cash forecasting.
- Research and resolve Business Unit(s) inquiries for assigned functional areas.
- Routine communication with Supervisors relating to financial close, issues and deliverables.
- Responsible for month-end, quarter-end and year-end close for assigned functional areas.
- Research and prepare variance analysis and explanations.
- Responsible for preparation and analysis of periodic management reporting of financial results for assigned functional areas.
- Perform Balance Sheet account reconciliations, account analysis, accrual calculations, and other related accounting documents/schedules.
- Prepare journal entries related to assigned functional responsibilities.
- Prepare foreign currency transactions analysis and its impact on financial results.
- Calculate withholding tax receipts for Corporate Tax.
- Responsible for performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance.
- Cross train as back-ups for other staff in the case of emergencies.
- Review and research accounting transactions for functional areas.
- Prepare financial statements and supporting schedules according to monthly close schedule.
- Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures.
- Analyze revenues, commissions and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis.
- Assist with financial and tax audits.
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls.
- Experience with Project accounting and cost control.
- Assist with budget preparation and analysis.
- Five to six years related experience. Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field with an accounting emphasis and five to six years’ experience in financial or cost accounting; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, supervisors and employees. Must be able to read, speak, write and understand basic English.
- Effective Communication Skills (Written & Verbal).
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply the concepts of basic algebra. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Thorough understanding of cost accounting is required.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to operate a 10-key calculator, personal computer and use Microsoft Office Products such as Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point. Must be proficient with Excel spreadsheets and database software.
- Ability to succeed in a team environment.
- Customer Service Oriented.
- Understanding of accounting processes, procedure and internal controls.
- Strong research and analysis skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to generate bold, creative ideas to improve performance.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
11 - 15 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List