Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
777449 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
June 28, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 27, 2012
- At[Company] , our goal is to be the best company in the world! [Company] is the world's leading producer and manager of primary aluminum, fabricated aluminum and alumina facilities, and is active in all major aspects of the industry. [Company] serves the aerospace, automotive, packaging, building and construction, commercial transportation, and industrial markets, bringing design, engineering, production, and other capabilities of [Company] businesses as a single solution to customers. This position is located in Tucson, AZ and reports directly to the Operations Manager.
- Responsible for directing and assisting manufacturing teams in obtaining efficient operation of the manufacturing activities. Maintain a customer focus (quality and on-time delivery are priority.) Assure a safe and healthful workplace. Direct and supervise activities of manufacturing team leaders, technicians and operators. Show by example a commitment to employee involvement, participative management, and continuous improvement.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Actively lead production team in product and process improvement.
- Daily time and attendance tracking of employees.
- Vacation tracking of employees.
- Perform reviews, assessments and feedback of operators’ performance of employees supervised.
- Facilitate compliance with company safety, housekeeping, attendance policies and practices.
- Perform counseling and progressive discipline as needed.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing issues.
- Manage ABS opportunities in factory assigned to.
- Provide direction to operators and make recommendations for coaching and counseling action.
- Participates in hiring decisions regarding operators.
- Perform other tasks as needed in support of manufacturing operations, customers and suppliers.
- Helps to ensure that quality and standards for the department are adhered to and maintained.
- Assumes other special activities and responsibilities from time to time as required.
- Adheres to [Company] EH&S, Quality, Continuous Improvements and other Company Policies.
Experience and Background:
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be familiar with a variety of manufacturing processes.
- Must have Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to employee involvement, participative management, and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Management, Business or a management-related field is preferred.
- Experienced with manufacturing of precision metal components preferred.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
Safety and Training Officer
1 - 5 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List