Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
778569 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
June 30, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 27, 2012
Maintenance Electrician (#242127)
We are currently seeking a Journeyman Red Seal Electrician - Maintenance Department for Richmond, BC.
Scope of Work:
- Reporting to the Manager of Maintenance, a successful candidate possesses a trade certificate as an Electrician and has a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- You should also have a real "shop floor" orientation and enjoy leading change within a multi-shift, continuous process environment.
- Perform preventative maintenance inspections and test electrical equipment;
- Isolate defects in wiring, switches and other electrical equipment using test instruments;
- Read and produce schematic and control logic diagrams;
- Modify and improve machines as required;
- Repair NC Controls and program G50 positions;
- Repair and program PLC;
- Inspect completed work for conformance with requirements of local building and safety codes;
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical issues as required;
- Perform mechanical and hydraulic repairs as required;
- Install and commission new equipment and electrical fixtures;
- Interpret electrical schematics and PLC prints to set up and integrate electrical devices;
- Follow and promote the company's safety rules and perform safety checks on equipment before starting work;
- Report unsafe conditions immediately;
- Follow and promote 5S standards;
- Other duties as required.
- General awareness of ISO 14001 and ISO 9002 impacts/work instructions;
- Principles, practices and techniques of electrical trade;
- Experienced and advanced user of PLC programming;
- Able to read mechanical drawings;
- Excellent organization, time-management, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and under tight time deadlines;
- Proven troubleshooting skills and decision making ability;
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with team members and management;
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
Safety and Training Officer
1 - 5 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List