Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
778745 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
June 29, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
August 28, 2012
- The Service Supervisor has safety, employee, customer satisfaction, and business/financial responsibilities within branch operations. To manage the daily activities of the service department, by taking care of customer needs and directing Service Technicians in a manner that makes the Service Department profitable and efficient. Initiate contact with customers either by phone or in person. Handle and resolve issues, problems and complaints. Be a resource to customer inquiries.
- Know, follow, lead, and enforce all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, and fully participate in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Observe and manage safety in the shop, and field environments through our Job Safety Analysis and Job Safety Analysis Share tools and processes. Meet all company expectations on the number of safety shares required per month.
- Report all at-risk work practices, hazards, near hits, injuries and property damage incidents to supervisor.
- Assist and enable technicians in “Stop-work” authority where necessary
- Actively participate in company safety meetings, committees, and teams as required.
- Maintain open and frequent communications with Service Technicians, Service Administrators, Parts Personnel and Managers.
- Orchestrate daily lineups of technicians and prioritize repairs effectively.
- Direct and manage Service Technicians to ensure that timely and efficient repairs are performed. Initiate any disciplinary action that may be required to correct performance issues, up to and including termination.
- Complete performance reviews as required with all Service Technicians. Communicate with Service Manager on a wage increases or Technician level advancements for all Service Technicians.
- Be a resource to Technicians to answer questions and handle complaints, ensuring company policies and procedures are being followed.
- Investigate and resolve customer complaints or problems in the timeliest manner possible.
- Communicate, quote, document and manage all service events consistent with the company’s service process goals including the timely invoicing of all work orders.
- Ensure that all employees are aware that a clean, well-kept facility is another selling tool for [Company]
- Effectively communicate the scheduling of work both internally, and externally to the customer and ensure they are always aware of timing and cost expectations.
- Assist branch manager and sales force as necessary to support customer relationships.
- Work with the factory financial support for customer repairs and issues
- Work with technicians and our technical support channels to ensure proper troubleshooting processes and directions are followed.
- Work closely with Parts Department personnel to help ensure that parts are staged for upcoming repairs. Be a liaison between both Service and Parts Department to help ensure both groups are working together smoothly.
- Work with Service Manager in budgeting process, in relationship to manpower, tooling, facility and equipment needs.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and co-workers.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Stay apprised of new techniques relevant to the work being performed; achieve and maintain technical competency.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as required by your direct manager.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- A minimum of 5 years’ service experience is required.
- Technically competent in diesel, and possibly Natural Gas engine repair. Cummins engine experience is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of successfully leading and supervising others is required.
- Must be customer-oriented and have experience working directly with customers internally and externally.
- Ability to multi-task; detail-oriented; organized and methodical. Judgment and good decision-making skills are required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to follow Company procedures and standard op rating procedures.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and have a positive attitude and rapport with others.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within deadlines.
- Must be able to lead, manage, and work with others in a team environment.
- Must have a record of good attendance and performance at prior jobs, and have the ability to work occasional weekends.
Candidate must meet all eligibility requirements to drive a Company Service vehicle, including but not limited to:
- Must have a current, valid driver's license issued by the state in which they reside.
- Must have current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- No convictions for any driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs charges (DUI) within prior 5 years.
- No greater than three (3) moving violations within prior 12 month period.
- No greater than 2 avoidable accidents on MVR within prior 3 years.
- Candidate must be able to pass pre-employment drug testing and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- If selected, candidates must consider this position as primary employment and hold no other jobs with this Company’s competitors, customers, or suppliers.
- Employee lifts/carries 50 lbs. occasionally
- Employee’s position requires pushing a maximum force of 50 lbs.
- Employee’s position requires pulling a maximum force of 50 lbs.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Protective Glasses, Protective Gloves, Protective Footwear as required.
[Company] is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, disability or any other status protected by state or local law. It is [Company] intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List